Tuesday, September 16, 2008

The week so far.......

The week so far is off to a good start! Yesterday we did some cleaning and throwing out:) Yes, my friend has inspired me and we do have a lot that needs to be thrown out/given away. It is amazing how quickly things especially papers, accumulate:) I think as much as I love to read my magazines and catalogs......are they really worth getting?It is impossible to read them like I did when I was single, but yet, I have a hard time throwing out something I haven't read yet so......we ended up with a stack of outdated magazines which are probably as waste of time to read, go through, and even to write about now! Oh those magazines, can't live with them but can I live without them? I will keep you posted on that question!

After cleaning up Amanda and I made dinner. Last night, she came into the kitchen and said, "mommy is there anything I can help with?" I nearly fell over! Not because she offered to help because she is an excellent helper but just her mature attitude and the way she said "with" it was so adorable and had to be written down so when she is a lazy tween, I can show this to her and remind her that once she was a helpful little girl!
She set the table and then asked, "is there anything else I can do?" I hated to say no but since we were having fajitas and the skillet was hot I couldn't let her near that part of the kitchen. Now, if only I could get her to have better table manners...........ummmmm

Today we had a meeting for a moms group I am in at church, it was a fun time and nice to be with friends:) Then my little munchkin and I went out to lunch at our favorite family restaurant. We walked in the door and there was a dry eraser board with the specials of the day. Amanda looked at the board and said, "Oh look mommy, they have chicken lemon soup today!" I looked around to see if anyone was having soup.......no......so I asked Amanda how she knew that? No response? I asked her if she read it on the board and she said, "no" so I still have no idea how she knew they had it but they did. They only have it once a week since they have a different soup of the day:) My parents swear Amanda reads sometimes and I have always chalked it up to those "very proud of their grandchildren grandparents" but today I must admit I did start to wonder! I know she does memorize street names quickly when we go places and the way we go. I think her dad must have asked her to do that since I am directionally challeged without MapQuest:)

Next we went to the pet shop to visit Amanda's favorite parrot named "Captain" he is so cute. Amanda will talk to him real sweet and then turn her head from side to side and he mimics her! We looked at the puppies, fish, bunnies, and a mean looking lizard. I must admit there are many times during my three years of mommy hood that I gone certain places and have felt guilty. The pet shop is one of them since she really would like a puppy and just adores dogs! The guilt of not allowing my child to have a puppy really kicks in! But I just can't do it......not a dog lover. I love my friends dogs though and I love it even more that they are the ones that have to take care of them. Plus, pappaw is allergic so he couldn't come over and visit and that is one allergy I won't be praying to go away! Thanks dad, I knew I could count on you!

We came home and rested from our busy morning that made us tired for some reason? And then made dinner. OK, we waited for daddy to come home and grill the chicken since mommy doesn't mess with the grill. That is a daddy job and he does it very well so why mess with something that is not broken? Besides, men love to be needed!

Tomorrow, we are off to bible study and Amanda kids to go to her kids club which she loves! I love it too because she makes such pretty pictures and tells me the stories they teach her on the way home, so cute!