Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Enjoying the nice weather!

What a busy week, I can't believe how fast it is going though. I have to keep reminding myself what day of the week it is because it has been non-stop and flying by. Monday we had our first moms meeting of the year and I volunteered to help out so it was a busy, but fun night.

Yesterday, we met mammaw and pappaw at the store to shop. It is one of those places you have to have a membership so we just tag along with them:) We had to rush home after that because between the hours of 12-4 we were suppose to have a delivery:) I misunderstood my husband and he misunderstood me when he scheduled it so Amanda missed her class. She didn't even know or mention it but it really bummed me out for almost 24 hours, but I am ok now. I just missed seeing my girlfriends:)

Amanda and I played in her Dora Tent for a while and had a picnic, played, and waited for our special delivery.......and we waited some more........hubby calls to see if they are here yet and apologizes that is almost 2:30 and no sign of them. (it wasn't his fault but he knows I hate to be stuck in the house waiting for delivery people and thought if I knew he felt bad about it I would feel better) I think it did help! Thanks honey!

Finally at 4:38 he calls me to tell me they called him and they were turning into our development...........we wait some more and then the driver calls me to say he can't find our house at 5:20:) ugh! He finally arrives at 5:30 with no apologies for running so late, and before he unloads the special delivery....said,"Do you happen to have anything to drink?" I wanted to say, "Not for you because you made me wait for the past 5 1/2 hours and I just want you outta here" but I refrained and smiled sweetly then ran inside and brought him two drinks! I told him he could have one for the road, and he took them and didn't even say thank you. Instead he told me they looked like beer. Since when does a coke look like a beer? When he was getting ready to leave he then thanked me. I know we shouldn't expect to be thanked for the nice things we do, but considering I had spent the day waiting for him..............I needed to hear those two small words desperately! BTW-the special delievery was two new toilets! Yipee! Did you know if your house was buillt in the last 10 years you are not suppose to use Charmin???? It is not good for the system. I know, no one told me this either!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Amanda and I made meatloaf for dinner since that is what she suggested when I asked her what sounded good when planning meals for this week. When I ask my husband he always says hamburgers or spaghetti which is fine once in a while, but I would like to spice things up a little:) I was really adventurous with my cooking several months ago and tried a new recipe almost weekly, but then got into the rut of having the same old, same old. There is only so much you can do with chicken, beef, and pasta! I am planning on going to a "Let's Dish" session where you make the food and freeze them so let's hope that motivates me to start being a little more adventurous in the kitchen:) I guess I should start watching Martha Stewart again, NOT! I did watch that show when I was pregnant for a couple of months and have to say she made me feel totally overwhelmed! She is always saying you can do this and then that, like it is soo easy! Maybe it would be if I had someone precut all the veggies, and measure all of the food out, set it out on the counter, and then clean up afterwards:) I mean seriously now, anyone can play the whole dump in a pot and put it in the oven game when the rest of the work has been done for you! I guess I am still mad at her for not posting the picture of "my pumpkin" when I was pregnant with Amanda. She had a contest and you were suppose to send in a pic and I dressed my 9 month old belly up to look like a pumpkin, orange and all, and she didn't show it and I didn't win! So I guess I am still holding a little grudge!

Today Amanda and I were suppose to start back to bible study for me and a children's club for her but when I woke up my foot wouldn't let me walk on it. I haven't been able to walk on it when I first get up for the past few months but after a while of doing some foot exercises I can use it pain free, unfortunately the pain has decided to stay this week. It is not as severe though now, it just feels like I have a couple of tacks stuck way deep into my heel. It is so strange since this whole foot thing has just happened the past few months out of the blue. So, tomorrow I am calling a foot doctor and seeing what we can do about this because while I have a high pain tolerance, it is getting a little annoying to not be able to just jump out of bed and go:)

This afternoon Amanda and I went to the party store to check out party decorations for her birthday party. She keeps changing her mind back and forth between having a princess party or an Abbie Cadabby party with Elmo:) I prefer the later since while I love all the princess dress ups and all, it just seems like a four year old thing, so grown up and if I can keep her liking Elmo for just a little while longer...........well, it might help her not to grow up so fast and I will be happy! I am also working on getting her to have a party at home so we can play some fun games like "pin the tail on the donkey" (does anyone do that anymore?) I saw an inflatable donkey to play the game with at the party store but didn't think my husband would really appreciate it if I bought it? Let me know if you think otherwise dear they have a couple left)

We finished the afternoon with a picnic lunch and playground time. We were the only ones there for a while and Amanda said, "I want to make some new friends." When a preschool class came out to play a little girl asked her if she wanted to play and Amanda acted all shy. Then she played by herself and watched the others play with a smile and the "I want to play with you too" look. I wanted to go facilitate a conversation or something to get the kids to play together but considering I am not Dr. Phil and she does need to learn to take the initiative herself and just play with other kids on her own..........I sat on the bench and watched like a hawk! She started playing so nicely for a while with 2 children (these kids are four and five) they were playing restaurant but then the girl hit Amanda in the face and Amanda did nothing........ then the girl hits her again, and Amanda got right up in the girls face and said, "don't hit me in the face!" in probably one of the nastiest tones I have ever heard her speak in. ha ha

Yes, I know, where were those lovely preschool teachers? They were over in the corner critiquing this one poor child for the way he talks and mannerisms! I felt so bad for him! (honestly, from what I saw I am thinking the child may have autism but I was just observing for 30 minutes or so......) when the teacher heard Amanda yell she asked the girl to say sorry and of course she didn't and the teacher just walked off like no biggie:0

I know kids need to fight some battles for themselves and work it out and when Amanda is with friends we know I can deal with that better than with complete strangers. I guess because I don't know the child or have any idea what they are like. I see them as a little brat who is hitting my child in the face. I told Amanda I was so proud of her for saying what she said and that she didn't hit her back:) (I know Uncle R- you would have said for her to hit her back) I can hear it now! ha

Tonight, Amanda stayed with Mamaw and Pappaw while we went to a couple's bible study. Right now, we are reading a book by C.S. Lewis and enjoying it! Well, my husband told me not to stay up too late tonight when he went to bed since I am working on a little printing project:) So I need to break this bad habit of staying up too late!