What a busy, sugar full day! That is probably why it is so late and I am still up because I can't sleep, and hubby thinks its my Internet addiction! ha It is the sugar! I have been really limiting my sugar intake.............but not today! I went to my girlfriend's baby shower and of course had some yummy cake there. Two of the gals made the cakes so it would have been rude for me to turn it done! I so admire people who can make a cake from scratch and ice it with homemade icing and have it look pretty too!
I am so not that mom! I think I just don't have the patience for it and I have messed up so many times making cakes and it just isn't worth it to try anymore when I can just have one made. I don't think I have ever made a good tasting and good looking cake...........So I can just thank God for my favorite bakery and great friends who can bake great cakes:) I mean really anyone that can make a cake that looks good and tastes good is just an amazing person and instant friend!
Ten minutes after I got home from the shower we were out the door once again. (BTW-when I came home from the shower, I got a "daddy's home hug" it made my day, maybe even my week, (we will see about that one) because I never get those run to the door, so happy you are home hugs, because Amanda is usually in bed when I get home. (not that I am a party animal or anything)
We headed to cousin baby Ethan's first birthday party:) Only.....I had left the car on the big E! I know I wasn't taught to do this!!!!!!! But honestly, getting gas really depresses me nowadays so I let my hubby get it most of the time for me so I don't have to see all that money go into the gas tank.....we made it to the gas station but just barely...it holds 17 gallons and we put 16.7:) Let's just say I am going to try and be more conscientious of the gas gauge and fill when necessary and I am so thankful that my husband is very tolerant and patient with me! Although, I did push my luck a little today since we had a big birthday party to get too! There was complete silence in the car until we pulled into the gas station and my hubby said, "God answers prayer!" Just as we pulled in. I was praying so hard and I didn't realize he was too:)
We made it to the party and had so much fun celebrating baby Ethan and eating more cake:) Amanda ate 2 wholes slices of pizza which is the most pizza I have ever seen her eat. It was almost like her daddy didn't feed her anything but a granola bar while I was gone today! :)
We came home tonight and I packed my bag of tricks, we are teaching the 2's tomorrow at church so you know I have to have my stuff because you never know what is going to hold their attention for sure. What works one time might not the next:)
Well, we had a great day and Amanda made the letter "B" this morning today in art class and you would never guess what they just had to let her sprinkle all of it? Yes, that shiny glitter that I despise so much! I think God is getting me back from my teaching days because I loved using glitter with the kids and I remember my teacher friend questioning me on it all the time! She was a mom and I wasn't. Now I finally get it!
(pics coming soon from the party since I forgot to tell my husband that battery needed to be recharged, we have to rely on my sweet sis in law and brother for those pics) As soon as they send them, I will post them:)