Sunday, September 28, 2008

Fun week and weekend!





Ijust love this mad face picture! ha But I like the happy face much better. Incase you don't know her friends from the left-Handy Manny,Tigger,(The Perfect Man) he was mine but I gave him to her once I got married:) Gorilla-who has a battery in him that seems to be forever lasting, and Minnie Mouse





Picking flowers dandelions and smelling them. I remember as I child I liked this too:) It is amazing how childhood memories come back when your child ends up doing the same thing!

Well, is it just me or are the weeks just getting shorter? Times flies when you are having fun and really even when we are not, although at our house you can count on us having fun majority of the time:) Fun is what we love and this week was no different. Tuesday- Amanda had her Gymboree class and she decided to stop helping the adults out with the parachute and participate once again with the kids, the teacher gives them a choice and lately she has just wanted to help the moms. We of course rode our favorite carousel, ate lunch at a different place since I let Amanda chose the restaurant and then we went shopping! Like I said, we like to have fun at our house and I am trying to raise a daughter who likes to shop! (that was for you daddy)

Wednesday-well we made lemonade from lemons and you can read the post below for a more details about that day:)

Thursday-was probably most exciting because we got to meet our friend's new baby sister and have our friend over to play for the day. The girls had so much fun and played really well together. Amanda loved having a friend to play with all day:) We made some cookies for snack after nap time and her little friend sure didn't forget because the minute nap time ended she went straight to the table and climbed up into the booster! ha

Friday- We were planning to go to the really cool playground with our bible club friends...........but it had rained the night before and was raining on Friday as well so we had to cancel the event. So we stayed home and made a fire truck together out of the box our fan came in. I think it is pretty smashing myself!

Then we spend the rest of the day cutting and gluing because we are making more file folder games. If you don't know about file folder games yet, you just haven't lived! They are sooo much fun to make and a nice "quiet activity" for kids and moms to do and of course, educational! Amanda loved gluing so much we had to wait to go and laminate them:)

Saturday-Amanda and daddy went to learning the ABC'S through art class and the night before she said I could come however the next morning she said,"you can't come because I changed my mind!" ha It was just as well because I think it is nice that she has daddy time without me every week:) When she came home she put her new princess shirt on that lights up! She hadn't worn it yet so she was sooo excited to wear it to the princess concert. We ate at Amanda's favorite place even though I was along and it is a daddy only place:) Then we went to the concert, it was really Disney on Ice but since we hadn't been to an ice show before I called it a concert so she would know what to expect. They had a princess exhibit there and Amanda loved looking at all of the dresses, she isn't totally into the whole princess thing yet but I think she is on the verge. I am glad she still likes Sesame Street and Zoe, Abby, and friends:) I am happy to report she is growing out of all things Dora! We were worried that was going to last forever, it is neat to see how children really like one thing for a while and then overnight wake up liking something else for a while:)


Amanda loved the show and it held her attention especially considering it was 2 hours long with a brief intermission:) Daddy and mommy liked it too! It is amazing how the skaters skate with all of those costumes on and with such expression. What a nice surprise daddy! Thanks!


We came home and decided it was a good night for pizza, and Amanda said, "I want the pizza man to bring the pizza to my house." So we let him! (What did people do before pizza delivery was popular? ) We ended the night watching a movie together that we had checked out at the library the other day. It is called, "Chitty Chitty Bang Bang" up until the scary part that we didn't want Amanda to see yet, maybe when she is holder, but don't ask Great Grandma to say the title of that movie because she can't say it nicely! ah We have read the book several times to Amanda but the movie is a little different and she was asking why? ha We were surprised she noticed!

We ended the weekend by going to church-our pastor just started a really good series on creation and why we can believe it. It is amazing to see the quotes from Darwin admitting he couldn't back up evolution. We ate lunch with mamaw and papaw at an Italian place we like and Amanda ordered for herself which she likes to do now. She told the waiter, "I would like the CHILDS pizza...please." With such expression! The pizza came in the shape of a really cool fish, with an eye, fins and gills, it was amazing and Amanda enjoyed eating the eye!

Tonight, Amanda's behavior at the table was perfect and I think it is because she did most of the talking and told us that it was her turn to talk and we had our mouths open so we could not talk. I think my mom was right.....once again.......in the fact that hubby and I talk to catch up at dinner too much and that is why Amanda has been acting out and every night the past 2 weeks dinner time has been spent in time out waiting for the buzzer to ring, or daddy has had to spank:) Thanks for the tip mom! Tonight, was nice and I had forgotten how nice dinner time could be:)

Amanda told us, "Firehouse is going to move, the builders are picking it up and moving it."
mommy- "why?"
Amanda-"because they are going to build a rocket ship there."
Mommy-why?
Amanda-"so we can go to OUT-TER SPACE!"
What a fun week and weekend we had! We hope you had a good one too! If not, remember things always get better eventually:)