

No fair is complete without beloved cotton candy but Amanda wasn't so sure about it........
"How do you eat this daddy?" "Just bite it." Ummm.......not sure about this daddy because you know how I hate to get messy!Thinking about going in for a bite.............but just not sure.............who needs to be talked into eating cotton candy?
It tickles my nose but wow is it good:)And just so you know, she ate the entire thing up!




Thinking about what she wants to do next..........




Wow, sometimes I wonder if life can get any better? We are so blessed to live in an area with some really great churches with wonderful activities and people! Today, we went to our church and my hubby and I taught the 2 class. We had so much fun!
If you ever need to be refueled from an exhausting week, or feel like you aren't making a difference in this world, get involved in a church teaching tiny ones and you be amazed! They can really revive you and leave you full of energy:) (I know it is shocking but very true)
It really is neat to see how these little minds work:) Even the way the entire class can be given a page of stickers and how they place them on the page so differently. Some put them all over it, and some put them in a line. I think there is some significance in that. I would love to see the young child who made all of the stickers into a pattern, I wonder if he will be really good in math one day. It fascinates me!
They are truly little sponges with such an eagerness to learn and they are so accepting and loving towards anyone that shows an interests in them! They really give you such a hope for the world we live in which is hard for me right now because of all of these "loving campaigns" going on. I am so sick of the attack ads!
Sometimes, when I hear these politicians speak about what they are/are not going to do......I get a little concerned about the world my daughter is going to grow up in. I will be so thrilled when these elections are OVER! (at least, I am praying I will be thrilled, depending on the results) I know God is in control of it all but when you are bombarded with it daily, it makes me forget that he is:) Plus, I do worry because he gives us a free choice and there are a lot of people out there who are let's just say.........not fully educated on all of the issues because they are so focused on change and wanting everything given to them.
Excuse me, so sorry didn't mean to get into the whole politics thing....... but anyone that has known me very long knows it is an interests of mine and I have been know to get on my soapbox about various topics:)
After the fun time of teaching we met our cousins and mamaw and papaw for lunch at our favorite Mexican restaurant, then went home to all take naps. (love that Sunday afternoon tradition)
We were invited to another church's fun fair type of event and told Amanda she had to take a nap first, and then we could go and ride a pony! She slept longer than usual and we hated to wake her since we were out so late last night.......so we didn't and just figured we would miss the pony rides and she would never remember we were going anyhow................yeah right! The minute she woke up she said, "I have to put on my clothes because I am going to ride a pony" so we raced on up there for the last hour of let me just say, one incredible fun fair.
Amanda loved the moon bounce and an inflatable racing slide thing, the duck pond game, the bean bag toss, the cotton candy, and of course the pony ride! I ran into a lot of friends from high school including 2 teachers I had in 7th grade. It was so refreshing to see people I hadn't seen in years and introduce them to my husband, (well, the ones I remembered to) Sorry about that honey, I have an awful habit of running into peoples my husband doesn't know and forgetting he hasn't met them before, so he doesn't get introduced poor guy! I need to add that to my never ending list of things I am working on!
We finished the night with a family dinner at a place they make subs called Firehouse. Firefighters founded the place and they have pics all over of them fighting the fires. We have been there many times before but for some reason tonight Amanda noticed the pics and was worried. "The firemen are going to get hurt"
We finished eating and I stood up and starting gathering up the trash to go and looked down and saw my daughter with her hands folded, and eyes closed and she just started praying aloud, "Dear Jesus, help keep the firefighters safe and dear Jesus help them get all better soon Amen!" (very proud mommy moment)
I was amazed because I think this is the first time I have ever heard Amanda just start praying on her own without telling me she was going to pray etc. I am so thankful for her compassionate heart for others and wanting to keep firefighters safe. Who knows? Maybe she will end up marrying one?
We told her when she got home she needed to take a bath. She said,"daddy will you help me?" I knew he was tired so I said I would help her and she said, "no, you are the not the best at giving me a bath, you do not do a good job at getting me as clean as daddy!"
Whoa! So daddy gave her a bath and we continued our tradition of telling stories. Tonight, Amanda said,"let's tell spooky stories." Where in the world she got that I do not know but it is fun to tell stories and then very often she has you retell them so she can fill in the blanks:) The problem with that is, she remembers the made up stories much better than her mommy and daddy:)
What a fun family day, truly a day to be treasured just because we were together having fun as a family!
If you ever need to be refueled from an exhausting week, or feel like you aren't making a difference in this world, get involved in a church teaching tiny ones and you be amazed! They can really revive you and leave you full of energy:) (I know it is shocking but very true)
It really is neat to see how these little minds work:) Even the way the entire class can be given a page of stickers and how they place them on the page so differently. Some put them all over it, and some put them in a line. I think there is some significance in that. I would love to see the young child who made all of the stickers into a pattern, I wonder if he will be really good in math one day. It fascinates me!
They are truly little sponges with such an eagerness to learn and they are so accepting and loving towards anyone that shows an interests in them! They really give you such a hope for the world we live in which is hard for me right now because of all of these "loving campaigns" going on. I am so sick of the attack ads!
Sometimes, when I hear these politicians speak about what they are/are not going to do......I get a little concerned about the world my daughter is going to grow up in. I will be so thrilled when these elections are OVER! (at least, I am praying I will be thrilled, depending on the results) I know God is in control of it all but when you are bombarded with it daily, it makes me forget that he is:) Plus, I do worry because he gives us a free choice and there are a lot of people out there who are let's just say.........not fully educated on all of the issues because they are so focused on change and wanting everything given to them.
Excuse me, so sorry didn't mean to get into the whole politics thing....... but anyone that has known me very long knows it is an interests of mine and I have been know to get on my soapbox about various topics:)
After the fun time of teaching we met our cousins and mamaw and papaw for lunch at our favorite Mexican restaurant, then went home to all take naps. (love that Sunday afternoon tradition)
We were invited to another church's fun fair type of event and told Amanda she had to take a nap first, and then we could go and ride a pony! She slept longer than usual and we hated to wake her since we were out so late last night.......so we didn't and just figured we would miss the pony rides and she would never remember we were going anyhow................yeah right! The minute she woke up she said, "I have to put on my clothes because I am going to ride a pony" so we raced on up there for the last hour of let me just say, one incredible fun fair.
Amanda loved the moon bounce and an inflatable racing slide thing, the duck pond game, the bean bag toss, the cotton candy, and of course the pony ride! I ran into a lot of friends from high school including 2 teachers I had in 7th grade. It was so refreshing to see people I hadn't seen in years and introduce them to my husband, (well, the ones I remembered to) Sorry about that honey, I have an awful habit of running into peoples my husband doesn't know and forgetting he hasn't met them before, so he doesn't get introduced poor guy! I need to add that to my never ending list of things I am working on!
We finished the night with a family dinner at a place they make subs called Firehouse. Firefighters founded the place and they have pics all over of them fighting the fires. We have been there many times before but for some reason tonight Amanda noticed the pics and was worried. "The firemen are going to get hurt"
We finished eating and I stood up and starting gathering up the trash to go and looked down and saw my daughter with her hands folded, and eyes closed and she just started praying aloud, "Dear Jesus, help keep the firefighters safe and dear Jesus help them get all better soon Amen!" (very proud mommy moment)
I was amazed because I think this is the first time I have ever heard Amanda just start praying on her own without telling me she was going to pray etc. I am so thankful for her compassionate heart for others and wanting to keep firefighters safe. Who knows? Maybe she will end up marrying one?
We told her when she got home she needed to take a bath. She said,"daddy will you help me?" I knew he was tired so I said I would help her and she said, "no, you are the not the best at giving me a bath, you do not do a good job at getting me as clean as daddy!"
Whoa! So daddy gave her a bath and we continued our tradition of telling stories. Tonight, Amanda said,"let's tell spooky stories." Where in the world she got that I do not know but it is fun to tell stories and then very often she has you retell them so she can fill in the blanks:) The problem with that is, she remembers the made up stories much better than her mommy and daddy:)
What a fun family day, truly a day to be treasured just because we were together having fun as a family!


