Thursday, September 18, 2008

Kids say the funniest things.......

Some days Amanda just cracks me up with the things she says! Yesterday, she was getting ready to go to mamaw and papaws house since they were going to watch her for the evening, she told me that they were going to play the Gingerbread game. Then she looked up and me and said, "I hope mammaw doesn't cheat this time" ha ha

We all know that according to Amanda, "Pappaw runs red lights" but I had no idea that my mother cheats at a child's game! ha ha

When I got dressed today I put the same outfit on that I had on last night. ( I didn't wear it long and I didn't think it was dirty plus we were just going to the store) Amanda said,"mommy you always wear the same thing, you wore that yesterday!" ha ha Out of the mouths of babes!

Today we had to go to the grocery store, (I know, its not Monday (grocery shopping day) Amanda was a perfect little angel and a man that works there said, "she is a perfect little angel" Amanda replied, "I am not an ANGEL!" ha ha They are redoing our store and have marked the family friendly isle with a big sign so I decided to try it today. It was so nice to not hear, "I think I need a treat" or have a child grabbing the candy. They just have granola bars and healthy snacks which make it nice to not have to deal with the whole yes or no you can have a treat thing!

Driving home from the store she said, "please go the right way today mommy!" Yes, she hates being lost just as much as I do! We are sensing that she has her dad's great sense of direction though because she memorizes the names roads and the way to go various places already:) Hopefully, she will be my little GPS!

Today Amanda decided to fight me big time to not take a nap, she had a little tantrum, no big tantrum. I could tell eventually that she wasn't going to go to sleep so I gave her a time she could get up from the bed and told her she had to have some quiet time. (I have heard from friends that this starts around three!) I am not ready to say goodbye to her naps though so I am hoping it doesn't become a daily thing. But I told her after quiet time she could watch a show called "Little Bear" when time was up. Two minutes before time was up she came and found me! She said, "mommy the time just doesn't move" Ha ha

I told her she had better get back in there by the count of 10 or our deal was off and I don't think I have ever seen her run so fast! It is amazing to me how manipulative children can be at such a young age, but I love her just the same:)