Friday, September 19, 2008

Let's Dish!

OK, my mom is going to kill me for this post but I have been laughing about it for hours so you know me, I have to write it down so my girl can read how silly her mommy and mammaw are/were:)
Tonight, my mom and I went to make meals at a place called Let's Dish! You go through assembly lines to make the meals and then freeze them so all you have to do is pour the dish into a pan and bake it when you are ready. (and make a side of veggies/fruit)

This cuts down on the constant meal planning, shopping, and deciding to eat out because you don't have anything in the house. I was just looking forward to hopefully, finding my love of planning and cooking meals again since I have been in a rut the past couple of months with cooking/planning. We have the same four meals over and over it seems........

My mom and I decided to split the meals, we would make 8 different things so we would have 8 meals:) I have only done this once at my mom's group at church and my mom had never done this before. The gal gave us clear directions that there were two different recipes to follow, one if you were splitting meals and one if not.......We started making the meals and following the split the meals recipe.....it would say, "take 2 rectangular trays" so we both took 2:) We followed it exactly! We kept commenting how they say it only makes 8 meals but we could get so many more out of them! We were shocked with how much food we were making since we were splitting them!!!!!!!!!!! We got to the fourth meal..........there was only one bag of shrimp and it said to split it into 2 containers......we asked the lady for another bag of shrimp.....she said, " oh you only need one when you are splitting.......that is when I started to realize that maybe we had just been doing this whole thing wrong! But my mom assured me that we weren't and maybe they were wrong and we were just getting cheated out of a bag of shrimp, so I asked another gal that works there. She said,"no you only need one bag of shrimp" I told my mom that we had been doing it wrong! We had been doubling it and when it said to take 2 pans it meant one for me and one for her since we were splitting them! ha ha ha I still can't stop laughing about this! We convinced ourselves that no, we couldn't have misunderstood the directions and moved on to make the rest of the meals.

We got ready to check out and the manager came over to the freezer and went through everything we had.......(I don't know if this is part of the process or if she thought we were trying to cheat the system and steal more meals, when honestly, we just misunderstood and took the directions literally! She went through and said we had doubled the first three meals that we had made which confirmed our suspicions. ha We told her that of course we would pay for them and did just that:) So now we both now have 11 meals which really I do think some of the meals will make it for 2 so we just might have 15-20 meals? We shall see, if they are good we just might make this part of our monthly routines:) We will definitely keep you posted if I can ever stop laughing about this long enough to get the food in the oven:)