This blog was created to keep our family and friends updated on my many adventures and to help mommy with her scrapbooking.Enjoy, and feel free to add us to your links, but please do not use our last name for security reasons:) Thanks!
Thursday, September 18, 2008
Future gymnastic star?
Well, I don't know because I wasn't very good at Gymnastics but the teacher and the owner a gym told us yesterday that we have a star on our hands! Amanda tried a gymnastics class and it was the kind that parents are not allowed to enter the room! We could sit in the lobby behind the 2 way glass which was so funny because Amanda kept waving and smiling to me for the first 5 minutes and then she made friends and was listening so hard to the teacher that she didn't wave again. (Boo hoo, my baby is growing up too fast) She was jumping off mats and up to a high bar where she pulled up her lower body to meet the top while balancing on the bar:) She did a full flip on a bar with very little help which shocked me! She did somersaults which are her favorite thing with a running start on the mats:) I was so proud of her for her good listening skills:) We want to join the class full time but the thing is........we have already committed to a sports class that starts in 2 weeks, where she will be learning how to play soccer, t-ball, and basketball:) And she is already taking an Learning the ABC's through Art class on Saturdays with daddy. On top of the bible study class, and play dates, and fun activities I am not sure I can handle anything else:) So we might have to start the gymnastics class after the sports class ends in January:) We shall see. I want her to learn and grow, but I don't want to be running around from one thing to the next just yet............I figure we have that starting soon enough when she is in elementary school:)