Tuesday, September 30, 2008

The POWER of WORDS!

Amanda said the cutest thing yesterday so you know I have to write it down and you get the benefit of reading it! (You are soooo lucky!)
Yesterday, we were getting ready to go to a farm/pumpkin patch with our moms group it is called (MOPS) it stands for mothers of preschoolers but not sure why since it is for moms who are pregnant and their little tots up until the age of 5.
Anyway we were getting ready and Amanda was on the floor and slow moving and I walked into the room and she said, "I don't think we are ever going to get there mom." I told her I had just printed the map and directions that we just needed to get dressed!

She said, "Oh, (pause) I am going to really miss you when you go to Texas!" (I am going to the Mops convention for a few days and it is in Dallas) I told her that I would miss her too but that I was going to the convention to "learn how to be a better mommy" and she made the most concerned face I have ever seen her make and replied, "but you are already a better mommy!" AHHHHHHH! She could have anything she wanted after that comment! ha Just kidding about that, but wow, it really made my day! I was on cloud 9 and excited all day long!

I love being a mom but yesterday I have to tell you, I REALLY enjoyed the entire day just being with her and being her mommy and enjoying every single moment together! It was just extra special because of what she said earlier.

Wow, that made me really stop and think about the power of MY words. What I say and how I say it can effect her day as well:) I can make or break her day and the next time I am tired of telling her to stop the same behaviors over and over again............I am going to remind myself about the POWER OF WORDS:) Is is so neat that I am suppose to be the one teaching Amanda yet time and time again, she is teaching me! I love being a mom!