Friday, July 31, 2009

Video watching

Last week we showed Amanda her birth video, we didn't film the actual birth just her first moments getting weighed, getting a shot etc, and getting ready to go home. She loved watching it and kept saying "that is what they will do with Amelia."





I will confess to being medicated and not remembering everything that happened during our time in the hospital, but the video refreshed my memory a little. I was surprised to see that Amanda really didn't cry a lot when she was first born, until the shot in the leg! I am sure it is such a shock to be warm and cozy and then out into the cold, have someone put stuff in your eyes, and a shot in the leg.
Last time, I wasn't able to hold Amanda for a few hours and do not remember anyone even showing her to me, but we are hoping it will be a little different this time.
If not, daddy now knows it is ok to pick up your own baby in the recovery room. Poor guy, didn't know he was allowed to pick her up until the nurse came over because she was wailing! We were both so clueless, but Amanda has survived this far with us as mom and dad so thank God for that!
Amanda made special deer park glasses.....she's trying to invent something daddy, they might not be rose-colored glasses but what do you think?










Today Amanda went to Toys R Us to pick out a gift to give Amelia at the hospital. She told me she wanted a "first baby doll" to give to her. She found one she liked and is so excited. She also picked out a bib and then said, "what if it gets dirty?" I told her we could wash it.
While we were shopping she wanted to "show me again" the Belle doll that she has been talking about Amelia giving her as a big sister gift. Except, the Belle doll was gone! Uh oh! (Daddy found one online and ordered it but don't tell)
She was talking to Amelia tonight about getting her the doll and said, "Oh Amelia, I have wanted the Belle doll for my whole life!" "Please get it for me!" The past couple of weeks she has been into Belle, but weeks prior to that it was all about Sleeping Beauty. Next week, I guess it will be Aeriel or maybe Tinker Belle! The lady at the store told us Disney made TB a princess and I told Amanda that and she said, "that lady at the store didn't know what she was talking about Tinker Belle is a fairy not a princess!" Yikes! I am wondering how long this princess phase will last??????????




Sweet pic of daddy and Amanda:)











I love how Amanda loves her daddy!