Monday, July 27, 2009

Family getaway- Dutch Wonderland


First trip to Dutch Wonderland- I highly recommend this place to anyone with young kids. I told my hubby I enjoyed this trip much more than the trip to Disney last year. Maybe it was the price, $30 dollars compared to $68 for admission, or maybe not having to wait in line except for maybe 2 rides all day, or maybe because I was spoiled going to Disney since my grandparents live in Orlando.....who knows why but it was a magical family friendly place!






While in Lancaster we visited Dutch Wonderland and loved it. It was reasonably priced and kept us busy from 10:45-8:30! We literally closed the park down. I couldn't ride too many rides so I was the official photographer and drink getter. It was hot day but since they have so many trees there was a nice breeze with plenty of shade so it really was a perfect combination. Hubby and I figured I would last 1/2 of the day and then go back to the hotel and rest but I made it. I didn't want to miss out on watching my sweetheart and precious princess ride the rides. Watching them together having fun and laughing just really brought joy to my heart. I feel bad sometimes that Amanda and I have so much during the week while my hubby is working so hard at work, so it was nice to see them having fun and relaxing. Amanda loved it and we have discovered she is fearless. We are hoping Amelia will be the same way since we love amusement parks!






The water park was separate so they changed into their suits later in the day.






















































I did learn to not sit in a low chair like this one when you are eight months preggo. I couldn't get up so I had to wait until Prince Charming came to help! I was so embarrassed! The great thing about this park is to my knowledge they don't serve beer so we didn't see any drunks running around and they only allow smoking in these little smoke houses they have set up so we didn't have to smell smoke all day. Very nice, family friendly place.









We all rode this train around the park which was fun.













Amanda waved to everyone!


























These little bikes were cute:)




























She loved the little bike maze!










We all rode a boat through the lake and got to see the Dinosaur up close! It really was a beautifully designed park with well maintained landscaping and flower beds.











We also rode this boat together!

















Our little bulldozing princess:)










Daddy really got into bumping other cars while on the bumper cars. I had no idea he was so aggressive on the road! (ha)








Amanda loved it when someone would bump into them.


















Amanda took to the driver seat when driving the trucks and she didn't tolerate anything from this back seat driver!














The flowers were beautiful there!
















Amanda came out of each ride like this with a big grin on her face!













She just loved the log ride and rode it twice. She told us it was her favorite ride.
































Coming down the hill....................















This is one of my favorite rides also and we debated whether it was safe to ride being pregnant until we got to entrance and saw the preggo sign with the lovely slash through-the debate ended with the sign.














Here we go!




















The park had a lot of little buildings/play structures.







Amanda loves making new friends both real and pretend:)













Amanda loved the Frog Hopper-this was similar to the Blast Off at Sesame Place. I think daddy was a little disappointed that there was only one seat for an adult and another father got the seat!



















I loved this little Gingerbread house:)























We all enjoyed the gondola ride through the gardens.

























Riding the gondola



















Normally I wouldn't encourage my daughter to pop out of a cake but at three I think it's OK:)



















Amanda loves carousels and misses the one they took out of the mall- we use to ride it weekly.
























Amanda and daddy on the buggy:) Since we were in Amish country we saw a lot of Amish friends riding the horses throughout the town. Amanda made the comment that they "don't need gas!"











We all rode the monorail-it gave a great overview of the park























This plane ride was cute as it went around in a circle up in the air
















































The park also had real pony rides-one of Amanda's favorites. Too bad we don't live on a farm!












































We went to story time with the princesses. The younger princess had won a contest to read a story to the children. I think this would be fun summer job for a highschool/college kid. Too bad, I didn't live in Pa, I would have loved this job! I could see myself walking around like a princess all day! ( I only can admit that now while preggo because you know hormones are like truth serum)






The Duke led the children in streching and hopping exercises. I noticed Amanda could now hop on one foot which I hadn't realized before...












The skyride wasn't one of Amanda's favorite rides-she said it was "boring and too slow"















This girl loves to slide













Amanda loved the blue water slide. Although, so did daddy. I really am not sure who likes water slides more?










I am thinking about this pic up and hanging it in the family room I love it so much!


















We loved the little train. Amanda kept telling us she was the fastest....don't tell her it was because she was the first one in line and no one could pass her. We wouldn't want to burst her bubble since she was so proud of herself.




































This rocket just moved around-I was glad they both came back from space:)
































She liked this rocket ship too and yes, she loved shooting the gun Uncle R!






















The twirling turtles were a hit with daddy and Amanda



































This house turned upside down giving the illusion that they were turning upside down. I would have gotten sick but Amanda came out with a smile!


























I am not sure who likes water slides more?






























She had the windmill ride all to herself so she was allowed to tell the lady how long she wanted to stay on. We really didn't have to wait in line for anything that day except for the water slide and even that wasn't all that long. Everything else we just walked right up to.









I was shocked she liked the Turtle Whirl!


I loved watching her ride this!



I think any teenager who is caught doing something wrong should have to work this ride 10 hours straight. The annoying sound would straighten anyone out, it would work better than detention.