I often think when I see an accident that just happened, or something, that we never really know what God is protecting us from! Sometimes, I think if had gone the other way or just been five minutes ahead of time.....that car could have hit me. I am once again reminded of this........
This week my little brother was at home with his 2 little ones at 10 in the morning and heard an awful noise and ran out into his yard to see his totalled Ford Explorer on the street, and another car smashed, and then the third car with a pregnant mom with 2 kids in the car. As he went to help, the lady driving the car and caused the crash, threw out a vodka bottle and had her foot badly hurt yet she felt no pain!
While it really sickens me to know there are drunks out on the road at 10 am, I am so thankful that my brother wasn't putting my niece and nephew in the car or outside in the yard at the time. The lady who is pregnant appears to be OK, just pray that little baby she is carrying is born healthy! I can't imagine being in front of my house with my kids in the car ready to go and start the day and getting hit by a drunk at 10 in the morning. Thank you God for your protection and forgive me for not thanking you more for it! We just never know!