and yes, we are counting! Amanda and I made a paper chain back in February to count the days til our baby came but decided to put it up until the date got closer because it was too long to keep up with on a daily basis. We got it back out last night and ripped our first one off today:) We did this a lot last Fall for events, her birthday, Christmas, I think it helps Amanda with understanding the concept of time and how we do have to wait for things to happen in life:) Plus, I think it is fun to see the chain get shorter:) I am so tempted to just start ripping them all off! I am so ready to be comfortable, yet not really ready to have a baby just yet.
I can't sleep through the night anymore so I decided to just get up and work on the baby's room...it was junk room/scrap booking room (don't know where to put something so put it in that room) so I am going through stuff to put in Amanda's scrapbook etc....it is kinda fun to look through her artwork and hard for me to throw any of it out, ( I noticed this isn't hard for daddy and found some of it in the trash can, daddy is going to be in trouble!) but I did have to toss the bean filled tambourine out...........I bought a huge scrapbook to store her artwork in and look forward to putting that together in August if all goes as planned:) I think this scrapbook will hold the next several years of artwork. Amanda is so excited to help.
This week was pretty routine for Amanda but since I don't like a set routine for long...I am starting to get bored with it......next week vacation bible school will spice things up a bit:) We can't wait! We had such a great time last year and Amanda learned a lot:) They even do a little program for the parents:) The last day they had rented several moon bounces but we missed the last day since Amanda had a breathing episode and we had spent several hours in the ER so we didn't get to make it the last day. We thank God that was the last episode so hopefully she has outgrown that........
This week we had-Monday-cooking class, Tuesday-Sports class, Wednesday-movie and playground time for Amanda and Dr. visit for me-great visit, measuring perfectly, blood pressure perfect, baby's heart beating strong. That is one of my favorite things about going to the doctor, is the reassurance I get from hearing the fast heart beat! I should rephrase, that is really the only thing I like about going to the doctor's. I love our practice, the office people, nurses, doctors, and great care, but who wants to go to the doctors every three weeks and pee in a cup! I really am getting so sick of that! I had to take Amanda to a visit once and so of course she had to go to the potty with me and she even thinks peeing in a cup is gross! She said, "that's gross mommy, I would never do that!" I told her when she gets bigger she will have to and she emphatically replied, " I will not, that is gross!" "I will never do that!"
I am so thankful for my little clean, germ phobic daughter:) I have trained her well in this area:) ha I will say it has paid off, she has only been sick once in the past 11 months, no colds, etc....although, the year before I will confess to her being sick constantly so maybe it is just because she is getting older but I since I don't know for sure I will take credit for training her just to make myself feel good:)
Thursday-we surprised my mom at the hospital for her birthday with a cake and taking Amanda to see her:) When I called and spoke with the info desk they told me she had to be 12 and we were both bummed. But my dad talked to the nurses and they said it was OK. Amanda was so excited in the car and said, "oh, I can't wait to see mamaw" but then once there she acted so strange at first and wouldn't go near my mom:) She kept playing with her dress and was really quiet......later she warmed up and even gave mamaw and papaw a hug:)
Maybe it was the lecture about how to behave in the hospital we gave her on the way over. We told her a lot of people are sick so we must be very quiet....it worked she was definitely quiet but too quiet. Of course, on the way home she told me that we talked too much and she just got to talk a little bit and wanted to tell mamaw that her trapeze for helping her get up, is the shape of a triangle:) It was a nice visit and mom got to come home today. She sounds great and is happy to be home:) We are praying against any blood clots and a quick recovery! Daily physical therapy will help:) We thank God for therapists and trained medical staff:)