Amanda made ice cream in a Ziploc bag and pizza the last day of the first set of classes and then we burned off some energy at the playground.
The ice cream had a great flavor to it, who knew shaking it up in a Ziploc bag would work:)
The ice cream had a great flavor to it, who knew shaking it up in a Ziploc bag would work:)
She also made great pizza:)
Shake, Shake, Shake my ice cream!
The second set of classes were my favorite. The teacher had the children make recipe books and took pics of them to glue into the books with the recipes. She was amazing and we will definitely go back in the late Fall/Winter for her classes. She is a fabulous teacher and after seeing some of the art projects from a class she teaches, we can't wait to take the class. I am not sure who enjoys the classes more? Amanda? or Mommy?

The second set of classes were my favorite. The teacher had the children make recipe books and took pics of them to glue into the books with the recipes. She was amazing and we will definitely go back in the late Fall/Winter for her classes. She is a fabulous teacher and after seeing some of the art projects from a class she teaches, we can't wait to take the class. I am not sure who enjoys the classes more? Amanda? or Mommy?
It is fun to take different classes together for several weeks and then try a new class. Plus, the prices can't be beat, another perk of living here or I guess I should say a good benefit of our tax dollars at work, (maybe the only benefit)
I love how much I learn from the other teachers by taking these classes and have been given some great ideas for the bible club we do and some play dates. I was thinking a cooking play date would be fun....but I know what you are thinking hubby as you read this..you are getting ready to have another baby so just slow down...don't worry I will wait a few months to implement my ideas:) I promise!

Chef Amanda finished the last class by making sushi-I will admit when the teacher said the word sushi, I was thinking oh no, I don't allow Amanda to eat tuna fish, much less something raw! But this was different and something Amanda loved and a new lunch or snack idea :)
Sushi Recipe for kids:
They took a piece of bread and rolled it out with a rolling pin.
Next spread peanut butter on the bread
Sprinkle sunflower seeds all over peanut butter
Sprinkle raisins- (this was the only time she has actually eaten raisins and not spit them out)
Cut up apple slices and put them on one end of the bread
Roll it up/squeeze it together/slice it up
Eat the yummy and healthy sushi:) It might sound gross but it really tasted good:)


