Thursday, August 6, 2009

Nesting

Well, I didn't think it was ever going to happen.........but I am in the nesting mood! I am not sure why it has taken me so long to get into the mood this time but I am finally at the nesting stage! I am like a mommy bird trying to get stuff ready, it is so fun to wash clothes Amanda wore and know that in just a few more days (18 to be exact) another little body will fill them out.

The Dr. told me yesterday that little Amelia is measuring bigger than Amanda so maybe the clothes will actually fit her. I was so clueless last time and when I look back at pics of my newborn I don't think I have one pic with an outfit that she is not swimming in. She was tiny!

I am so excited to know more this time from all I have learned in the past almost four years of being a mom, and look forward to all that I will continue to learn and be "refreshed" on since I have to say I have forgotten a lot. It's an exciting time in our lives and we are so thankful for God's blessing of family, friends, and new life!

Amanda is having a busy week. She has become quite the helper at the grocery store now because 2 weeks ago they bought some kid size shopping carts. This week when we shopped I didn't have to lift a finger which was so nice! She wanted to do it all herself and she did great. I told her the peanut butter is on the left can you get that? She would get everything and put it in her cart, push it around, and then put everything on the belt to pay. I guess I paid, and that was it. She even pushed the cart out to the car.
I think this grocery is smart at marketing towards kids it was so helpful especially at the age of not wanting to ride in the cart and wanting to look at everything. I must say she was so busy grocery shopping, we were done quicker than ever! She is constantly asking me if we need to go to the store so she can push the cart! Another store has a new cart that the children ride in and can watch tv. However, Amanda says the shows "are boy shows!"

She had fun swimming at the pool and attending a library program yesterday (our county has offered tremendous puppet shows, movie days, and concerts, for preschoolers this summer all for free) However, they are so popular that you have to sign up in advance because they really fill up fast. Yesterday, she was able to see a real Lizard, and the good news is she was with the babysitter so I didn't have to see it:) I am not into reptiles and don't think Amanda is either so far so we are hoping she doesn't come home from kindergarten with frogs or snakes in her pockets.

Today she is at Gymbo Camp. Gymboree opened at camp this summer where she plays sports, does science experiments, (last week they made an active volcano) they learn some social studies, and do art projects. One week the theme was India, last week Hawaii, and this week they will learn about Egypt.
They have 2 different teachers and one helper and Amanda simply loves it and is learning so much! It is a very small class of four kids so she gets plenty of extra attention which is something we have noticed she needs right now with baby Amelia on her way.

Next week, is the last week and she will miss it. Maybe we will have to start our own little camp this fall with baby Amelia:) I can just picture baby Amelia finger painting already!

Tomorrow we have a playdate schedule with another little friend:) Then we plan to go shop a little and run some errands and enjoy running around together!