Tuesday, August 11, 2009

Ice cream date!

Amanda woke up this morning and said, "I know what today is, it is the day we get ice cream with papaw and mamaw." Amanda told me last night, "I don't want you to go I want it to be just papaw and mamaw and me!" ha Then she changed her mind. So off we went to meet them. Amanda was really filling her cheerios! She hasn't seen them as much as she normally does since mamaw has been recovering and btw-mamaw walked for the first time today without a walker or a cane! Yes, God is good and mamaw is working hard through the pain.

(Back to the story)

I am so thankful for Amanda's laid back personality and not taking me too seriously today because my hormones are a little out of it and I snapped at her for kicking the back of the seat in the car.
It was driving me nuts and I told her "you better stop because you are driving me bananas!"

Normally, this would make me feel so guilty the rest of day for saying something so mean to her and using a snappy tone with her only, she just cracked up and started saying "Bananas!"

Then she started pretending to be a monkey! I was laughing so hard and thankful that my snappy, hormonal attitude, didn't bother her a bit! Although, I did tell her she HAS to stop kicking the back of the seat in the car even though my reaction to the behavior wasn't kind.

Tonight, she has been such a great big helper putting clothes away for us and asking for "chores" to do and doing them so happily. I do wonder how much longer she will actually ask to do chores! And I can't even thank the chore/reward chart because we have put it up for a while. The magnets are a little too much for us to handle at this time:)