Today hubby and I got to spend an entire day together. It really is amazing to have a conversation with your spouse and not be interrupted, or distracted, and just be together. We need to do more date nights and think that after every one we go on, but it really is hard to balance with work, family time, etc.
I have to say after today, I love him even more! You know he even asked me if I wanted to go to the mall before lunch? Yes, shocking and even more shocking was my response of "no, I don't feel like it."
He is so gentle and kind to me. He is very forgiving and understanding, always modeling giving everyone a fair chance, he doesn't prejudge people which is shocking considering his field. He takes wonderful care of me and has been so patient with my hormones jumping out of whack, my not feeling well, and wanting cold water the minute he comes upstairs. He really is the best husband to me and much more than I could ever have imagined asking for the night I knelt beside my bed and asked God to send me a wonderful hubby.
Today we went out to lunch which is rare for us in the middle of the week. We went to our special occasion place and the man finally got his free Lobster for his birthday which was back in June. He had to call them since he didn't receive his coupon, but persistence paid off and they finally sent it so we celebrated with a wonderful lunch out. I had salmon since I am not a Lobster fan. We ordered creamed spinach and cheesy potatoes, and of course we had to split a piece of carrot cake. (the carrots make it healthy you know)
Amanda was at mamaw and papaw's house for the entire day. She hasn't done that since mamaw's surgery and loved and needed the extra attention and patience that can only come from mamaw and papaw. She had a wonderful time, and went out to lunch and Uncle R joined them. She ordered spaghetti and I heard she ate it properly in public so that pleased me:) She visited her favorite pet store and best friend who is a parrot. She tilts her head to the side for him and he mimics her. I didn't believe it until I saw it one day. She loves the pet store and I don't think she gets the concept that it is a store where you can buy animals just yet. So she hasn't asked for a parrot yet.
She ate homemade cherry Popsicles even though her uncle played a joke on her and hid them. She told him that she is "unflappable" and didn't believe he ate them all. She enjoyed being tickled by him, she loves to play jokes on him and tells me she is going to make him "spider soup." It really is a blessing to have a family that loves my child so close, especially now!
She made delicious banana bars with mamaw, and papaw picked her very own tomatoes for her from his special tomato plant that she so admires. When we came home tonight she just had to have one for a bedtime snack. She eats tomatoes just like they are apples, or peaches. It cracks me up! She made beautiful pictures and brought a family of paper dolls home that she made sure we didn't leave in the car overnight! Thanks for a wonderful day mamaw, papaw, Uncle R, and the husband of the year! I think I am de-stressed now and ready to face all the action and the day God has planned for us on Tuesday now!