Sunday, September 30, 2012

Loving Mom!

Yes, this post is going to be in big, bold, blue letters because when my girls are teenagers and not "loving" me, I need to be able to find this quickly to show them that they once felt differently!

Amelia told me this week, "You are a beautiful mommy!"

She also said, "You are the best mommy in the whole wide world!"

So sweet and made my day!

When I told her that Mammaw was coming over to watch the girls while daddy and I went out to an event she said, "Oh, I just love your mom!"

I replied, "I do too!"

There is something about a relationship between a daughter and mom and it just gets sweeter as time goes on. (I am sure there is something special about a son and mother too, I just don't know about that since God gave us two sweet girls!)

I really am just so enjoying life right now! I love being home with my girls and watching them grow into the girls God wants them to be!

 Last night, we were with a group of professionals and many of the women had what most would consider really good, high-power, etc. careers....While I do admire them and what they do.......honestly, I wouldn't trade places with them in a million years!
Being a stay at home mom that is never home, is the perfect job for me. (Even when my three year old runs away from me at the grocery store just to see me get frustrated and even when it feels like all I ever do some days is clean up mess after mess.....and I am tired because I never get the amount of sleep I require.)

 While it may not be a "high-paying" (money wise) career.....and it is a hard job some days.......the daily rewards and pay I receive with comments such as the above........are worth way more than any amount of money to me!