Monday, September 10, 2012

Day 7-Epcot fun!

We had fun at Epcot. The girls had never been there before and hubby and I had only been there once so there was a lot for us to see. It is an interesting place but if we go back there, I think it will just be for 1/2 day, because we like rides and there aren't too many there. 

We liked how they had all of these characters in one place so we only had to wait in one line to see them all. Rumor has it they plan to do this with all of the princesses in Fantansy Land when they complete it, which will be nice if true. I hope it is!

We saw Mickey, and Pluto.

Next up Minnie, my favorite!

Amelia says that Donald is her favorite! We never did find Daisy!

Goofy and the girls!
We took a boat ride through the green houses where they grow a ton of fruit and veggies that they actually use in the parks.........ummmm.....and the food prices are still so high? Imagine that!


It was really neat to see how they grow things.

Amelia couldn't ride one of the rides so she had a special snack time with me! I know there is nothing special about apples and bananas, but the hanging out with me is what made it "special." Actually, we were happy to see fresh fruit since the granola bars were really getting old at this point!

 I felt bad for her sometimes since she wasn't tall enough......but her day will come!

Amelia says, "Hey lady, we are taking a picture here!"

I know there are rude people pretty much everywhere you go......but......I did notice it at Epcot more than any other place this trip.


Amelia started this new smile thing whenever I went to take a pic. (She isn't going to like her scrapbook when she is older!)

We loved the Nemo ride in the Clam shell but I didn't get a pic of Amelia because the lady yelled for me to stop taking pics with the flash on....oops, didn't see the sign until afterwards.

We loved all the aquariums and fish!


It was a beautiful day and I expected it to feel hot in Florida but this was the only day that I really felt the heat!

We loved the audience/ interactive show with the turtle named Crush from Nemo......it was hysterical.

Yep, that's the girls in there!

I was trying to get a better pic when a woman told me to get out of the way for her picture. ha!
 I really think there was a discount for rude people to get into the park that day!



Since it was hot we had a morning snack since

 we knew we would be eating a late lunch and late night dinner. Amelia and Amanda love the Florida lizards and even tried catching them. I couldn't believe it! We could get a pet lizard if only, hubby would approve it! ha ha!



We really enjoyed the 3D shows at the parks this time, Amelia loved wearing the glasses and putting them in the bin when we were finished.

I didn't realize there is a ride inside of this big ball! It was a nice little ride that we could do as a family. Very relaxing!


Amanda really enjoyed all of the interactive exhibits.

Amelia liked the ones she could reach!

We enjoyed the countries......

Mexico had a little boat ride that was fun!


Germany is where we ate lunch.



Norway had a little boat ride but it was temporaily out of service so we didn't get to ride it.


Amelia in China! We did China while Amanda and hubby rode a ride that Amelia wasn't tall enough to ride.


Amelia met Mulan with enthusiaum! She didn't even know who she was becasue she hasn't seen the movie yet, but she liked seeing her and the line was really short since she is not a popular princess! Poor Mulan!



Hugs for Mulan!

China was really pretty!


We were able to see the bridge raised to let the stuff in for the fireworks show later that night. Amelia and I thought that was cool.

We came back that night to see them and this globe lit up. It was one of the nicest shows I have seen and it was neat how they incoorparated the Olympics into it.

But it was cool to see the bridge go up too.


Amelia decided she wanted to push her own stroller so it took a while to get through China!
Poor girl was exhausted getting up so early without any naps, she fell asleep on the way back to the hotel every night!



Amelia and the drums!




Germany!


We went into this candy store and watched the candy being made. It reminded me of the old Werther Original commerical.
We also found some Toffifay's! I hadn't seen these in years. We bought some but they weren't as good as I remember them being years ago.Tasted like plastic.

I guess I stressed this worker out taking a picture!

The girls loved the giant Nutcracker!

Japan! Definately, hubby's shortest trip ever there!

Epcot really is a pretty place we just think they need some more rides!

 France

The train running through the garden was cool.


Italy!




We ran into this famous couple and they were sooo nice. Jasmine and Addladin! Amelia didn't know who they were either but loved them. I guess she needs to watch a few Disney movies before our next trip!


Italy.......we are hoping to ride in a real gondala for our 10th anniversary trip, but we will see, we had planned to go on our 5th but had a brand new baby instead! One day!

 Sleeping Beauty walked out and then back in......not sure what was up with that so we didn't get a picture with her but........there was someone around the corner that thrilled my girls a whole lot more!



Belle is the girls favorite princess and having the Beast there was an added bonus! He is only allowed to stay out for a few minutes........it must be hot in there!


We walked back to the hotel for a 45 minute nap.....and then walked back for dinner and to watch the firework show in Mexico.

Amelia was tired.......

but not too tired to make her new smile!

This is the walkway outside of the hotel to the boardwalk, and Epcot, and Hollywood Studios. Very short, and pretty walk. We walked passed the Boardwalk and The Yacht and Beach club. They both look nice but we really liked our hotel better. They do have a lot of weddings around the Boardwalk and Beach club area, it is really pretty. We saw a little wedding outside of our hotel too. So sweet!

Dinner was great because we love Mexican but we learned the food served in Mexico is a whole lot spicer and just different than the Mexican restaurants we have been too. We had a beauiful view of the fireworks show and since the music was playing the loudness of the fireworks didn't bother them like they normally do. Hubby did a great job planning ahead and making reservations everywhere, checking out places to eat before we went there etc......good job Hubby!

Amanda's silly face! So tired from the day!

I couldn't get good pics of the show but it was really good.



We rode the boat back and guess who fell asleep?

What a fun, long, and tiring day with more fun right around the corner!