I love to attend one or two day seminars, and conferences on marriage, parenting, cooking, prayer, children's ministry, woman stuff, etc. I make it my goal to attend one to two a year and I always come back with new ideas and get recharged and motivated to be better, and do better!
On Saturday when we were done with the conference, we picked Amanda up from a birthday party! She made this friend last year in kindergarten and I simply adore her mom. We took another friend who was also in that class home. Amanda really bonded with these girls last year and I am happy we can still see them even though they all attend different schools. They all seem to have their birthdays in a two month span........so we will see more of them next week!
We then went out with just Amanda to eat and I realized how we need to do more of the one on one outings, now that she is in school full time. I feel like I never see her sometimes!
She stays after school one day for a pottery class for fun, and then started taking piano lessons so she stays after one day for that too. By the time we get homework and dinner done, it is time to start the bedtime routine......I guess we will definitely have to make the most of the weekends just to see her!
I have thought a lot about all of my homeschooling friends the past few weeks.........I really admire them and the extra time they get to spend with their kiddos! I wish I could be one of them sometimes, but we really have to do what is best for Amanda and her personality, because it is not about me, it is about what is best for her! But I do wish she could be home with me more! I miss her!