Thursday, September 13, 2012

Finally.......a date night!


I love this man sooo much but it rare to have time alone with him since we have two kids! While we try to balance work, family time together, time with each of the girls, etc....life is busy and date nights get lost in the balance of it all.


There is always something getting in the way.......like Tigger!!!!!!!! (or work!)

It was great to get out and actually talk! I will admit that after a while of no time for date nights that it was sooo refreshing and my attitude changed a little towards all those "older but wiser" people that I have heard over and over tell me how important date nights are in a marriage.
 While I still get irritated when I hear someone who is "older and wiser with grown children" say it is important to schedule weekly date nights.........(What planet do they live on? It is much easier to say that when you are finished with that phase of life and not in the mist of raising young kids not too mention  working your butt off to have family balance!)
 I do think they are important and just spending time with him made me realize how much I love being alone together and we need to make date nights more of a priority!
So this month alone we have three scheduled already! How's that for making up for the past few months?