I think I just invented a new word but will have check with Webster! Quirkiness!
This morning I was proven wrong once again! (It actually happens quite often and I am OK with it.
Some friends and family who will remain anonymous......make fun of my quirks regarding germs!
The main one being that we do not wear shoes in our home and when people visit I ask them to take them off. (If they haven't caught onto the fact that we are shoeless and there are two trays full of shoes at the door.)
Some think this is very quirky! I have my reasons for it, mainly that the bottoms of shoes carry all kinds of germs!
Yes, even the doctors from THE DOCTOR'S show on TV agree. Someone wrote in and told them they thought it was rude that their friend made them take their shoes off when they visited. (I think they wrote about me!)
The study completed by the doctors on the bottom of the shoes revealed all different types of bacteria and even fecal matter! (The shoes even looked clean!)
And people think I am quirky for wanting a shoeless home? I would rather be considered quirky than have all those germs on my carpet where my kids sit and play! Gross!
But today, while sitting at a light.........I looked over onto the busy street and a middle aged man got out of his car and sprayed his windshield with WINDEX! No kidding! If had my camera I would have taken a picture. Then he got back into his car and put the wipers on and then started wiping the inside with paper towels! It was a long light so it kept me entertained.
So the next time someone thinks I am quirky regarding germs...........I will just tell them that at least I do not carry Windex around in my car!