Considering we do not even celebrate Santa at our home (we are too busy celebrating baby Jesus) it was interesting to me that she thought of him.
I guess she can be the lamb in our Nativity when we act out the Christmas story at Christmas time!
We have settled into a great schedule. I have dropped some stuff, and added some stuff and I think.........dare I write it, that we are adapting to our new school schedule.
Amelia loves school so far. I asked her if she plays with friends at school and she replied, "No, I play with my own self!"
The teacher told me she is talking more one on one and not to worry. She doesn't talk in a group just yet but is talking! I feel like she is enjoying all of her new activities......she just needs more encouragement to initate/ engage in play with her peers than Amanda did and that is OK. She loves to play with me!
She is loving her cubbies class on Sunday nights and singing all the new songs. The teacher tells the kids to put on their listening ears...so Amelia puts her hand on her ear and doesn't take it off during the entire story. It really cracks me up. I told her that she doesn't need to hold her hand on her ear to keep her listening ears on, but she just looks at me like I am nuts!
She has also started attending a new bible study designed for kids her age and she is learning soooo much. Her teachers are sooo precious, the curriculum is awesome,and the program is extremely organized, I am so impressed! She does this while I attend a bible study.
We were getting ready to go this week and she said, "Are we going to have bible study downstairs with our friends?"
I told her no that was bible club we were going to the new bible study. She told me she wanted her friends to come downstairs! ha She was referring to our summer bible club we did for kids. We are starting our Fall session next month and she is already telling me all the people she wants to invite, only I do not know some of them or their moms........ha!
I remember when Amanda would invite people to bible club at the Mall at this age and it just brought back fond memories and served as a great reminder to me how these kids are such sponges, so this is the age to teach them about God.
Amelia also started a gymnastic class and told me she liked it!
So she is sure to stay busy with school, bible study class, gymnastics, bible club, and cubbies. She loves to play on one on with me still, so I am just soaking it all in and trying to enjoy every moment we have together. She definitely keeps me moving, laughing, and challenged! She is sooo independent and even fixed a clogged toilet all by herself! She came out of the bathroom and told me how she took the "cleaning thing" and fixed the toilet! She was so thrilled with herself! ha ha I am not ready for her to be soo independent....she is still my baby! Life goes way to fast!!!!!