Yesterday was a typical Monday morning until......another car decided to veer into our lane and hit us. I am soooo thankful that I saw out of the corner of my eye and could quickly veer into the other lane or she would have hit Amelia's side door head on with full impact! Since I swerved she only got the driver side and not with full head on impact just her passenger front side. Of course, it didn't phase Amelia.......but upset Amanda greatly as we were right outside of her school! I told the lady to pull into the school since I wasn't about to get out of the car on the main, busy road! Plus, I need to drop Amanda off. I figured she would drive off so I got her license number but she followed me.
Of all days........I left my purse at home! I ALWAYS have my purse with me.......but not today. The one time I leave it at home is when I need it! Never again!
So no cell phone, no insurance card, or license. I asked the lady to please call the police and she got mad because she needed to get to work. I told her that she shouldn't have hit me then! ha I talked to her calmly and in a nice tone but she was rude and accused me of speeding. (Which would be humanly impossible unless I was in a rocket ship) because I was stopped at the light and then only traveled about 20 feet...don't think my car could go from 0 to 36 miles that quickly! Nor would I considering I was getting ready to turn into my daughter's school. Since the lady was being snappy I decided to get back into my car with Amelia to avoid any snappiness coming out of my mouth!
The policeman was truly a gem and so far the gal's insurance company has been great to deal with. They told me they didn't expect a problem in fixing my car.
I am soooo thankful God gave us reflexes and they worked yesterday and he protected us! I have hugged my girls soooo much more and wonder why this happened? What can I learn from it? Maybe that a typical Monday really isn't just another Monday, but a true gift from God!
When I think how differently this could have turned out........just in moments my life could have changed forever makes me value and love my kids all the more!
The humor in it all..........which we do try and find at our house in every situation that warrants it.........is I decided to have a pajama day yesterday! I HAVE NEVER DONE THIS BEFORE OUTSIDE OF MY HOME! So why of all days I did this........who knows! I just figured I would stay in my nightgown and drop Amanda off at Kiss and Ride........then take it easy and go to the store later that day. I thought veering off of our normal Monday schedule would be fun........but standing in front of a policeman in the parking lot of your daughter's school in your nightgown is not fun! There was absolutely nothing fun about it. In fact the officer told me he would prefer for me to get back into my car when I asked if I could sit in the car. ha ha
I am just thankful it was the nightgown that it was! If it had been the one from the night before........I just might have been arrested! Thank you God for the little and the BIG blessings in our life!