Monday, October 22, 2012

Being THREE!

Being THREE is so much fun! Amelia has had a lot of changes in her life the past couple of months and she is doing well I think to adjusting to them all! Being Three is exciting and fun! Amelia really misses Amanda and continues to ask, "Time to pick up Amanda from school?" all day long! SO we are trying to stay busy and enjoy these special times together. When she is challenging me at the grocery store, or refusing to hold my hand across the street......I remind myself how quickly time goes and to treasure EVERY moment, yes, even the "I am going to just throw myself on the floor and refuse to get up times!" I know this too shall pass and is all part of growing up because I throw my tantrums too, I am just not as vocal about them and don't throw myself down on the floor!

 One day Amelia didn't want to get out of the car......she wanted to play with the "tall boy" it is really the "Perfect Man doll" I bought when I was single as a joke! He says all the things a woman wants to hear, it is hysterical!

I let her play instead of fighting her to go inside because I had things to do......and it was quite entertaining to watch her. She is so into imaginative play right now.

She had him take a nap.........

She held him........

She played hide and seek with him.........it was a a sweet moment all because I didn't rush into the house and let her be........God is teaching me to allow some time to not be rushed! It is easier with the second child and you know what I once considered "extra time that I could be sleeping" has now become relaxing special teachable moments. I am much nicer when I am not rushed! I think the people next to me driving down the road even notice!
The grocery shopping can be a challenge for Amelia........so I have a new strategy! IPAD time! Amelia loves to have IPAD time and if she is naughty all I have to do is tell her that she is going to lose her IPAD time and she turns into a sweet little perfect  angel! My how times have changed!



She continues to enjoy "Ba-nastics" or gymnastics as I like to call it!But I love to hear her say it! She still loves to go to cubbies and is doing so well learning all of her verses. She likes to pretend we are at cubbies at home and she is one of the singers called, "THE BOB-A-LOUIES" She has me sit on the floor and pretend to be a cubby and then she walks in and imitates what the real singers do each Sunday night. She knows the motions and words to most of the songs already! I am sooo impressed with her memory and thankful she has been blessed with a good one!

This is cubby bear! He visits a different home each week! So fun being three and being a mom to a three year old is fun too!