Monday, October 29, 2012

October is Party Time!


October has been one party after another which is a good thing considering we do love to celebrate at our house!


We started the month out by celebrating Grandma's birthday!

The girls love watching people open gifts they buy! I am sooo glad they are like this!

Grandma and the girls!

Smile!


 Do you think Amelia enjoyed the pumpkin cake?

Here is your answer! We do teach our children manners they just don't always choose to use them!

After she licked the icing off her plate......she spotted the cake on the counter and saw that there was a small piece left and wondered if she could have some more cake.......she is a cake lover!

The next party was a friend from Amanda's class. I got to go with her so we were able to enjoy some one on one time together. It was so nice to just be together since we haven't had a lot of time alone together since school started.....that is the bummer about first grade!


The party was at American Girl Cafe. Amanda was introduced to a whole new world of dolls.........it was her first time to visit and she fell  in love with a doll! We have avoided that place and introducing her to AG dolls since the prices are sooo high for a doll we think.....and then the clothes......the hair salon.....it never seems to stop. My girlfriend told me that it is "quite a racket!" It truly is!

Since Amanda didn't have a doll the store loaned her one. I was so worried she would be the only one without a doll but a couple of the other girls didn't have one either. I guess we should really count our blessings that we have been able to hold off this long without being introduced to the world of American Girl dolls..........because it sure seems we are definitely one of the few....Amanda has some money saved and is really thinking about whether or not she should get a doll. She goes back and forth.......so we shall see what she decides.......

It was a fun party.
Everyone seems to have a birthday in October in her class. because next she was invited to a party at Chuckie Cheese. I was really dreading it because being a germophobic........Chuckie Cheese and I do not mix well and my girls have only been there a few times for parties.... but I was pleasantly surprised because it was at a brand new Chuckie Cheese. It was so clean, and not crowded at all. I would go back to play!

Amelia and I went and played games while Amanda was at the party. We all had such a great time!

The party girl's life didn't end there though.........next she was introduced to the world of Nerf Guns!

We have never allowed Amanda to play with guns, (not that we are anti-gun by any means) but we didn't think it was a good idea for her to go around shooting people and considering she is a girl, it hasn't been a problem because she has never wanted to play with guns......until now......a little boy invited her to his Nerf gun party and they played shooting games and had made fabulous targets that they must have spent days making!
 She bought a Nerf gun just for the occasion! It has become one of her new favorite things and she does go around shooting it at us!
 Her dad had to give her a lesson on gun safety but so far so good. No one has gotten hurt! It has all been good clean fun!!!!!! I am even enjoying it! Of course, now Amelia wants a Nerf gun! Yikes!

Amelia said, "I love shooting!"
Yikes! But I do remember a time when I would shoot a real rifle on Grandpa's farm so......at least it is a Nerf and only shoots foam darts!

You might think the partying ended there........but no so such luck! Next up, an Angry Birds party! (I was soooo glad we were introduced to Angry Brids a year ago by a little girl at church because otherwise I do not think we would  have known how much fun that game is!

 A little boy in her class invited her to his Angry Bird party and she had a blast! They painted pottery at this party with the special pottery teacher so Amanda loved it! Amanda is just really loving all of her new friends and how nice everyone is to her. Amanda has always made friends so easily and my worries about sending her to a new school were really in vain and just wasted time because her teachers tell me she "made a seamless transition" to her new school. I am so happy!

Our lives this month have been one party after the other............and the fun was just beginning!!!!!!!!!! Because one of my favorite people was born in October!!!!!!!!!! Can you guess who had the next party?