.jpg)
Family Fun Day!
Amanda decided not to sit on the pirates lap since he was "too hot" she saw a man with a cane later and asked her daddy if he was a pirate:) She loves the water!
.jpg)

Amanda was the first one ready to go out the door! I won't say who was the last one!

Amanda could stand up on her own in a lot of the park since it is 2ft deep for a large section of the pool and then it gets deeper.

I
.jpg)
I love the hands on the hips! She really likes the camera and will now say "cheese" for us. Before getting a picture was impossible!

Yesterday we carved out as family day at our house, because it seems like we have been at various functions like parties, and cookouts lately as a family but have lacked time with just our family on the weekend. So we decided to do something fun. Since we love to go to places we haven't been before we went to Pirates Cove! My girlfriend just told me about taking her kiddos there a few weeks ago and they loved it so we decided to give it a try too. We all loved it and had a wonderful time! I highly recommend it but was glad I didn't venture there on my own because you really need two adults since they have water slides and steps. One to catch, and one to climb up with. Although, Amanda was doing fine by the time it was time to go going "all by myself" I had to monitor the top of the slide since there were kids there who didn't understand you wait your turn. This seems to be an issue on playground slides and I do get a little bent out of shape with it since my daughter is the one who ends up waiting her turn only to not get one or get knocked down! I know as my sweet husband constantly reminds me that they "are just children" but still I think by the time you get to be 6 or 7 this shouldn't be an issue! It is frustrating when I am trying to teach Amanda to wait her turn for something and she actually is doing it, only to see others not. ha I know I sound like the obnoxious patrolling mom of the playground don't I? I never thought I would be like this! We had a fun time and then we came home to a wonderful roast that my husband remembered to put in the crock pot for me. Thanks honey! Then Amanda had her first "big waffle cone" with her favorite mint chocolate chip ice cream and we headed downstairs for a movie night. We watched The Tigger Movie, which was adorable! I loved seeing Christopher Robin again since he has been replaced with Darby on the new Pooh series.
Of course, hubby fell asleep but Amanda and I enjoyed it! He did ask me about the ending this morning though, so he must have enjoyed it slightly?