

The first day of bible school, July 13, 2008 Amanda picked out her own outfit and went right into the class and what did she find? A shopping cart. She gravitates towards them in the nursery, friend's homes, the toy store, yes, I know I should have just bought her one already but I'm a mean mom, and you cannot have everything or it wouldn't be an exciting toy play with now would it? This is how she looked when I dropped her off............and when I picked her up she had turned into a LION!


I forgot to tell you the best part of today! Since I still had my lion face painted daughter when I was at Walmart, we decided to use it as an opportunity to cheer others up and make them laugh! (people are always so stressed and unhappy so we are always looking to brighten some one's day) It all started with a man in a wheelchair commenting on the lion face and laughing and Amanda told him she was a lion and went "rooooarrr" he just smiled and cackled! So, I get this brilliant idea of having my child "roar" at people to make them smile! ha ha We head outside of Walmart and see a lady just coming into work and looking stressed and unhappy. I said, "see if she is scared of you lion" and Amanda yells, "ROOAARRR" and she laughs and smiles! That's 2 for 2! We met another man who works there and she said, "roooarrr" and he just laughed and smiled and gave her a happy face sticker. Three for Three! Then we met another lady who was struggling with her cart and looking depressed so once again I had my lion say, "roooaaar" and she just laughed and thought my lion was sooooo cute! Four for Four! Not bad, and I was just thinking the other day what I could have Amanda do to teach her to serve others and I couldn't think of much since she is still so young but now.....hey, I think we will just dress up our faces like lions and go around and see if we can scare people with our "roars." Isn't it funny that it takes sooooo little to brighten some one's whole face up with a smile! Who can you "roar" at today????? It's not hard, just ask my little lioness!