This was a conversation earlier tonight when daddy came home.
Amanda- "Daddy are you made at mommy?"
Daddy- "No, why?"
Amanda- "Because I broke the computer"
ha ha
I really have to watch what I say! Earlier Amanda grabbed at the laptop and pulled a key off once again! I told her daddy had just fixed and he was going to be mad at mommy! I thought this would make her feel bad so she wouldn't do it again. Opps! It just made her worry that daddy would be mad at mommy! ha ha
Today we stayed close to home because last night Amanda decided all on her own that she was going to use the big girl potty on a regular basis! I have tried numerous times since last July when she showed interests and went several times, but then quickly lost it.
I finally decided to just chill out and not even ask her if she needed to go potty although, I did slip a few times...she just decided she wanted to go and has been going pee-pee all day on the potty! She still doesn't want to wear all the big girl panties that I have bought but that is ok because she just must really need that extra security or something until she knows she can stay dry all the time! She was able to pic a potty prize out the potty prize bag. She chose sidewalk chalk so we went outside and made a hopscotch game which she really didn't care for so she made her own "hopskotch" game up. Then we played a running game she invented and then finished with a bike ride around the neighborhood. What a fun morning!
Tonight, we cleaned out a box of old toys of mine from my mom and dad's attic. Amanda was loving it and wanting to do this for several days now. She was asking me all kinds of questions about when I was a little girl.
She said, "did you do anything when you were a little girl?" (we were talking about naughty behavior prior to this question)
I told her about the time I picked all of the neighbors tulips, and flowers out of their front yards (all the neighbors and all of the flowers) and the face she made looked as if she was just appalled that her mom would even think of doing such a thing! She said, "why you do that mommy?" ha ha I wouldn't dare tell you how old I was when I did that and those of you who do know....remember the book of James and keep still! ha I remember that spanking!
We had such fun blowing up and cleaning my old furniture for my barbies! (she is playing with her dolls with it since we are not ready to encourage her to play with barbies at this age although she did get one at a recent birthday party)
Tonight, brought back such good memories of when I would spend hours alone playing house in my room. I would set up my whole bedroom, I can't believe most of the furniture still blows up after being in the attic all this time! WOW! I remember vividly of coming down those steps seeing all that furniture blown up for me that Christmas morning! I was thrilled and now that I am playing with it with my own little girl, I find myself telling her to be careful with it, don't play rough or you can't play with my toys. Ha We took pics and will post them soon! What a fun day and night!:) Mom and Dad thanks for the good memory, and the spanking memory too! I know I deserved it!