Today was only the second time I have dropped my child off somewhere and left (other than my parents or my own church) and I am in the building at church. Last week, was the first time when I drop her off with the sitter at the pool for a couple of hours, so I am making progress with my "being away from her" I didn't like knowing she wasn't with me and I still can't believe I could actually go through with it! Gold stars for me!
Amanda started attending a bible school this week at church in our neighborhood. I must say I am extremely impressed with this program and all they have done to prepare for it. Plus, all of the people of all ages running it! They had teens, young moms, older moms and dads, and then those grandma/grandpa types. It really is amazing! They put a lot of time and money into this program and it really made me feel so special. I know, that's crazy...because it is not about me.........it is for the kids........but I left feeling like these people, who I don't even know really love my child and have gone out of their way for her to have fun learning about God! She will be making memories and building on the knowledge she already has......I got teary-eyed walking to my car........and it wasn't just because I was leaving her, I just felt like wow, I have found something so good for my child! Thank you God!
I am very happy to have found out about it! Anyways.....
It started at 9 and ran until 12. We all met together for a song and then walked the kids to class and then left....well, I didn't actually leave until 9:45 because I went and hung out with some other moms and chatted with a lady who has a coffee time for the parents (no I don't drink coffee) but I just wanted to be in the building for a while just in case Amanda got upset or something so it was a good excuse to stick around and not look like I have a problem leaving my child or something. Of course, she was fine and when I asked her if she missed me she replied, "no!" Ugh! Well, I am glad she had fun but boy did I miss her even though she didn't miss me!
When I got home I just didn't know what to do with myself? I know, it is nuts! I walked around aimlessly for several minutes thinking....I could do this....no, I could do that...... no! So, I poured myself a diet coke and decided to watch the Today show, it was boring as usual so I decided to work out. I did quite a workout and was proud of myself since I have struggled with being consistent in this area since Amanda has been born because I just want to play and play and be with her all the time! So, this is good for me! She is having fun and I am getting back into my workout routine! How's that for a Monday? They are suppose to be boring right?
After picking my sweetie up and being shocked! She had her face painted like a lion! It was sooo cute! I called my parents to meet us for lunch so they could see how cute she was! They agreed and we met and had lunch, then off to Walmart where we ran into Mamaw once again! I also ran into a guy's parents that I use to be madly in love with when I was in 8th grade! I didn't blush this time as I usually do when I see them because his dad use to catch us kissing in the classrooms, library and one time the baptistery at church, after church was over. Yes, we were to young to date so we had to sneak those kisses in anywhere we could! I hadn't seen them since I got married so now that I am married and he is too, I don't blush. It is so funny to run into people you haven't seen in years! Lots to talk about! Well, on that note, I better get to bed because my little tinker bell is going to have to wake up early for bible school and I need to get some things ready so we won't be late! (yes, I am still working on that and doing quite well I might add.....) I will let you know if they do have "craft" tomorrow. That was Amanda's only complaint about the bible school was, "I don't know why they don't do crafts? I will have to tell them tomorrow!" ha ha The things she says just crack me up!
I had told her they would do a craft, sing, ect....ha I will let you know if they do one tomorrow! :)