

The Farmer's market was so much fun. Amanda told the lady that we didn't have to pay money. ha So I let her pay so she would understand that yes, we do have to pay. My husband thinks I am nuts for taking pictures of blackberries but I have never seen them this big have you? They were so yummy and so are the peaches, cherries, salsa, and corn on the cob. I think we will go back next Friday for more! We had a Farmers market dinner on Friday night so I think we might have to make this a tradition while it last since we all enjoy the fruit so much.

I cannot believe it is the weekend already, time flies when you are having fun and we have had a lot of it! On Thursday we had our first all day babysitter/personal assistant. I must say I think I could get use to that! She came at 10 and stayed until 6, I was here the entire time but working on sorting all of my old clothes that have yes, been in bags and boxes since we moved....yes, 16 months ago. I am a little behind........so I worked on the sorting, one bag to throw out, one to give to a ministry our church as for people who really need clothes and other household items, (different from Goodwill) because our church doesn't charge the people for the clothes. That is why I stopped giving to Goodwill because I found out they charge people for things others are giving away. I think that is awful! I am all for working hard and not enabling people by giving them everything for free.......but sometimes people need a chance to get back on their feet, or have hit bad times, or just have had difficult circumstances in their lives, etc and charging them when they are down and out is just wrong, in my opinion. Although, one of my friends would say I am becoming a liberal (aren't you glad I didn't mention who you are?) ha ha I have changed some of my conservative views after teaching and working with some very liberal women, but it is just because my eyes were opened to what really goes on in the classroom and politicians are so far removed from it. But don't worry, I am not voting for Obama! Although, I am not too excited about my candidate.....I had to choose the best of the worse. But don't worry there is hope for the future we are prepping our daughter as I write to become the next President:) Ok, how did I get onto politics???????????
After sorting and debating on what to part with for a few hours....this was hard for me since I can always find a reason to hold onto clothes....we took our sitter to a restaurant that she had never been to before! We had a nice early lunch, and then I dropped the girls off at the pool and got back to my sorting. We really love our sitter and I am not sure what we will do when she leaves for college. We are already planning to visit her in the fall:)
On Friday, we were planning on going to see a man who does a special story time for tots and is suppose to be funny, but never made it there because of MAPQUEST. They said to turn one way when it was actually the other way but of course due to my horrible sense of direction, I didn't realize this until 11:15 and it started at 11. So, I had to think of something else to do so my little one wouldn't be disappointed. We passed a park I love with a train and carousel on the way back home......so I suggested we grab some food and have a picnic there and ride the train, carousel, and play on the playground. That was so much more fun than story time anyhow! We pulled into "the restaurant only dads can take you" got a picnic lunch and headed off to the park even though the temp in the car said it was 100 degrees outside. Amanda suggested we eat in the car so she could sit in the front seat. She loved it! We road the carousel, then the train, then played on the playground, then treated her to ice cream since they have a parlor there, back to the train again, and hit the carousel one more time. We played a few more minutes on the playground and I must say....the meanie or over protective mother in me came out! There was a group of boys from a Karate camp who were probably between 6-8, they kept pushing ahead of my daughter to go down the slide when she was politely waiting in line. Then they would block her from coming down the slide by sitting at the bottom, and then kept coming up the slide which has been a pet-peeve of mine since my teaching days! Slides are for going down not up! Go climb the fence if you want to climb it really makes me mad which I know is absolutely nuts! I kept telling Amanda to not allow the kids to go ahead of her to tell them it was her turn since she was waiting in line very loudly, it worked part of the time but I think she was just intimated and just sweet! She kept saying, "you can go" and standing there! UGh! I am glad she is sweet but I really wanted her to be a little more aggressive and was sick of seeing how long she had to wait her turn. So, after some of the mean boys left, (this made me realize God gave me a girl because he knew I wouldn't be able to handle a boy.) Although, I have to say, all of my friends who have boys, none of them act this way or are even wild so I think it is just training and maybe these boys weren't trained, they certainly weren't being supervised since the three teachers just sat on the bench. I came soooo close to going over there and giving them a piece of my mind, but pictured my sweet husband being there telling me to just keep my mouth shut! ha This is the only thing that stopped me. I was ready to tell all of the parents with rude children off but then that would just make me look like the rude parent and my husband's influence has been so good for me! So, I settled for just giving the teacher a dirty glare which I think I have perfected quite well from my playground experiences! ha ha
We made 0ur first visit of the summer to our farmer's market and Amanda loved picking out all of the fruit. She couldn't believe we had to "pay money" that is her latest question of the day about everything. "We have to pay money?" She is learning young that yes, there is a price for everything!
After sorting and debating on what to part with for a few hours....this was hard for me since I can always find a reason to hold onto clothes....we took our sitter to a restaurant that she had never been to before! We had a nice early lunch, and then I dropped the girls off at the pool and got back to my sorting. We really love our sitter and I am not sure what we will do when she leaves for college. We are already planning to visit her in the fall:)
On Friday, we were planning on going to see a man who does a special story time for tots and is suppose to be funny, but never made it there because of MAPQUEST. They said to turn one way when it was actually the other way but of course due to my horrible sense of direction, I didn't realize this until 11:15 and it started at 11. So, I had to think of something else to do so my little one wouldn't be disappointed. We passed a park I love with a train and carousel on the way back home......so I suggested we grab some food and have a picnic there and ride the train, carousel, and play on the playground. That was so much more fun than story time anyhow! We pulled into "the restaurant only dads can take you" got a picnic lunch and headed off to the park even though the temp in the car said it was 100 degrees outside. Amanda suggested we eat in the car so she could sit in the front seat. She loved it! We road the carousel, then the train, then played on the playground, then treated her to ice cream since they have a parlor there, back to the train again, and hit the carousel one more time. We played a few more minutes on the playground and I must say....the meanie or over protective mother in me came out! There was a group of boys from a Karate camp who were probably between 6-8, they kept pushing ahead of my daughter to go down the slide when she was politely waiting in line. Then they would block her from coming down the slide by sitting at the bottom, and then kept coming up the slide which has been a pet-peeve of mine since my teaching days! Slides are for going down not up! Go climb the fence if you want to climb it really makes me mad which I know is absolutely nuts! I kept telling Amanda to not allow the kids to go ahead of her to tell them it was her turn since she was waiting in line very loudly, it worked part of the time but I think she was just intimated and just sweet! She kept saying, "you can go" and standing there! UGh! I am glad she is sweet but I really wanted her to be a little more aggressive and was sick of seeing how long she had to wait her turn. So, after some of the mean boys left, (this made me realize God gave me a girl because he knew I wouldn't be able to handle a boy.) Although, I have to say, all of my friends who have boys, none of them act this way or are even wild so I think it is just training and maybe these boys weren't trained, they certainly weren't being supervised since the three teachers just sat on the bench. I came soooo close to going over there and giving them a piece of my mind, but pictured my sweet husband being there telling me to just keep my mouth shut! ha This is the only thing that stopped me. I was ready to tell all of the parents with rude children off but then that would just make me look like the rude parent and my husband's influence has been so good for me! So, I settled for just giving the teacher a dirty glare which I think I have perfected quite well from my playground experiences! ha ha
We made 0ur first visit of the summer to our farmer's market and Amanda loved picking out all of the fruit. She couldn't believe we had to "pay money" that is her latest question of the day about everything. "We have to pay money?" She is learning young that yes, there is a price for everything!