Friday, July 27, 2012

Thankful!

I am soooo thankful for my friends and family today! I have been cleaning a lot today since the painters are here painting the house we can't go anywhere. When I clean, I tend to pray. I have been thanking God for the way He has just really blessed me, especially the past three weeks! I never knew so many friends prayed for me until now! One friend told my mom that she runs by my house and prays for me and the girls every morning! That put a smile in my heart for days! (Especially as I headed out to dreaded jury duty!) I think her prayers got me out of that one because I only had to serve for 30 minutes and then got to go home! Yes!

Another friend, wrote me yesterday and told me she had been praying for my hubby and I and wanted to know if there was anything specific she could pray for? Last week I ran into a gal I hadn't seen in at least a year, and she told me, "whenever I see you, You just put a smile on my face!" I made an impact on her life a few years ago but didn't realize it!

I have heard from several friends recently that I had not heard from in a while just to let me know that they still care, they still love me, and they are thankful for how God used me in their lives at one time or another. That they are still my friend even though we have all had such busy lives and lost touch for a while.........That has truly blessed my heart more than they could ever know. Timing is everything, I know that so well! I wouldn't be living this fabulous life with the man of my dreams if it weren't for God's timing! I wouldn't have these precious girls if it wasn't for God's timing! I think some friendships are just God's timing!

I feel so blessed especially the past three weeks as God has done some amazing things in my life and heart and I know it is because of the power of prayer. He has a way of directing in our lives and letting us know exactly what He wants for us. It may not be what we want, but after the storm......He tends to reveal something far greater in our lives, we just have to wait for the storm clouds to pass by sometimes to see what He wants. But they always pass, and He uses those storms to get us ready for something far greater than we could ever imagine!

Wow, I am a true believer in the power of prayer and just knowing that someone else is lifting me and my family up to God, puts a smile in my heart, and on my face!

Who can you pray for today?