Saturday, July 7, 2012

The last snack bag day................

I am sooo sentimental........I guess perhaps it is because I know how important it is to truly treasure each moment I have with my girls and God is constantly sending me reminders of just how short life really is. The big moments and events, as well as those little trivial, mundane events.........the second to the last day of kindergarten was big in my eyes.....some might think I am nuts but there is a tradition at Amanda's school where each month every child gets a turn to bring in snack. Amanda loved this tradition and so did I!

We would try and think up seasonal and fun snacks to take. Snowmen sandwiches in the Winter, Butterfly sandwiches in the Spring, fruit pattern kabobs, etc.......it was fun. Well, on this day Amanda got to bring in the last snack of the year.........So I had to take a picture of her walking into school of course! It was the last time she would carry that snack bag. She thought I was nuts for taking pictures but hey, I have to catch the moments so I can look back and cry later at how fast the years go!


Amanda was cracking up at me! The principal always greets us with a friendly hello each morning! So sweet! I am going to be soooo sad to just pull up and drop Amanda off next year at Kiss and Ride...........

Mom, I really have had enough pics! I just wanted one of her smiling with the snack bag!

Of course, on the way out Amelia was happy to pose for me if I promised to play mother may I?


Then Amelia and I came home to several of these birds and we bird watched for about 45 minutes. They were chasing each other it was sooo much fun to watch she got such a kick out of it!

We spend more time on the playground after school. We loved our playground time with friends each day.

Memories, of the simple things in life. I know being a mom can feel sooo hard sometimes, getting out the door to school etc......but really these are the "easy years" to just enjoy I think! To take the extra time on the playground even when there is sooo much to do at home etc......all things I have really had to just learn to enjoy and not be sooo scheduled and bogged down with outside things that don't matter as much as my girls!