
I thought the last day she walked into kindergarten was a long way away..................

on the first day of kindergarten!

But wow, how quickly a year goes by!!!!!!!

We had a wonderful chapel service but were not allowed to take pictures which was a good thing because I started crying before it even started! Seeing her walk into chapel for the last time with her sweet class was all it took! (I was never so emotional before I had kids!)
We met the kids outside for a picnic......they came out running to us!

Amanda was so excited yet all week was sad saying she would miss her friends and teachers! I hope it is always like this and worry so much that it will not be like that in the future.....I want her to love every year of school so much!

Amelia was sooo tired.......it was a long week for her too with lots of fun activities so she didn't get all of her naps in and she likes her sleep. It is hard to be the youngest!

We had the closing circle outside and they teacher gave each child a present from the school.

They prayed and sang a good bye song.

They all got hugs! Did I mention how much I love this teacher? She is fabulous!

More hugs from the assistant! She is just as fabulous and we adore her!

Notice how she is waiting patiently while this grandma takes a picture? She has learned from all the times I am trying to get a pic and some nice person walks right in front of us. I told her not to be like that and beware of your surroundings so you are not rude. I was so happy that it is sinking in, at least on this day!

That night Amelia gave Amanda a graduation present.

She decorated the card and bag with a ton of graduation stickers and was sooo proud of her work getting her present ready for Amanda.

I love that Amelia loves to give gifts and cards to her sister and vice-versa. I want them to grow up giving and enjoying giving to others because of what is in their little hearts! Amanda had taught Amelia well because she is daily making her cards and giving them to her! So sweet!

The decorated card!

Amelia gave her sis a gift card to Toys R Us because she knows she wants to buy something there and Amelia loves going there. She asks to go there whenever we pass it. The other day she said, "How bout we go to Toys R Us?" She likes to play there more than shop!

We gave her this book..........and lots of hugs and love! We are so proud of Amanda! The next day her report card came in the mail and she did very well! We are soooo proud and look forward to a fun summer before she heads off to first grade. We plan to make our summer days stretch.............because seeing her go to school full time is going to tough!
I am already planning a breakfast for my friends who are in the same boat. We can cry and pray together after we drop them off!!!!!! It sure is hard watching your kids grow up so fast!