On Friday, Amanda and I were just talking about God and how it really takes sooo much faith to believe all of the things we cannot see or do not understand. We started talking about the trinity because she said, "Jesus died for our sins and He is God's son, yet, God too and He died for us!"
I told her that it is confusing because God, Jesus, and the Holy Spirit are One, yet the HS intercedes for us when we pray to the Father, God is the Father, and He sent Jesus His Son to die for us.
I told her the analogy of how water takes on the form of steam, ice, and liquid, yet it is all water. I told her that I have a hard time understanding it with my human brain and eyes but that is where faith just steps in. She said, "It is kinda like my new Barbie dollhouse. There are three floors or parts of it, but it just one house!"
I told her that was a pretty good analogy of the trinity. It is neat to see how her mind works and how she always brings tough concepts down to her level on her own!
I think God will be OK with the trinity being compared to a Barbie dollhouse if that is what makes her understand it! I am just thankful for these special talks and moments where we can share together and I look forward to more fun talks in the future!