I can get a little stressed out in the mornings before school..........I hate mornings and don't do them too well. I set out everything we need to get ready in the mornings including my own clothes. I try so hard to be organized and think of everything so then we can get out the door and be on time for school but it is a struggle without a little stress.
Being that it is a New Year and everyone seems to make resolutions around this time.....I usually do not because I make them in September because that is what I have done for several years and hate change.
But this New Year I need Amanda to have as little stress in her life as possible, so I made a resolution to really work at getting to school on time. I will admit to some failure but some successes too! Every day is a new day!
I am trying to not snap at Amanda when she is acting like a turtle in the morning, but to be a patient and loving, mom so we can start our day stress-free.
I must admit that I am praying most of the morning away when we are getting ready. "God help me to be patient!" "God help me hit all the green lights and no red ones!"
"God, Please help Amelia to not throw her typical car seat fit or any of those, "I DO IT MYSELF" fits." (I know she is two and being independent is a good thing.......but not when you have to be somewhere at a certain time!)
We have been off to a good start trying to live a new stress-free lifestyle.......however, we hit a little bump on the road this morning and I could feel the stress building when Amanda still wasn't dressed but I could hear her singing and dancing in her bathroom!!!! (I love that she loves to sing and make up beautiful songs.. but would like to hear that later in the day not while getting ready!")
Just as I thought I was going to become impatient with her, I saw Amelia and said, "You look so nice today!"
She quickly replied, "UMMM UH, I 'M A PRINCESS!"
It made me laugh so hard since she has never shown any interest in the princesses so far....and it saved me from getting impatient with Amanda for being a turtle again when getting ready!