Teaching toddlers to share is never fun especially when at a playgroup or play date and your child is the one not sharing that day and you feel like all the other moms are looking at you like, "what are you going to do with your naughty child?"
And you want to say,
this is normal child development and your child will one day not share too, so Zip it!
But you just smile and try to redirect your child.
I experienced that alot with Amanda because she was the first and by the time you have the second......you stop caring what other moms think because you have learned that it doesn't matter as long as you are trying to be the best mom to YOUR child that you can be who really cares what those other moms think? I am convinced that some moms just have to have someone else's child to complain about and compare with and it is usually because they aren't all that confident in their own parenting style. Maybe they just had their first too!
But regardless, I think Amelia is starting to understand the concept of sharing!
Last night Amelia said to me, "Manda and Mia have to share you mommy?" She had to repeat it three times before I could fully understand what she was saying and once I got it, I smiled and said, "Yes, you both can share me!" I told her I am not sharing her with anyone though and she told me, "Yes, you share with.........and named our extended family members!" So I think she is getting it!
The other day she threw her arms around me and said, "You are my best friend!"
I told her she was my best two year old friend because I have to be a best friend to daddy, and Amanda too!
It is comments like these that keep me smiling because we have truly entered the "challenges of being two stage" the past few weeks. I don't like to use the term "terrible twos" because I have learned with Amanda there really is no such thing at two, it really starts at three!