Tuesday, August 30, 2011

A Royal Invitation!


I think the highlight of going to Disney was definitely receiving our royal invitation to take our princesses to the castle to eat with the Disney princesses! (Daddy rocks and did a good job securing that invitation!)

Amanda and her beloved autograph book! It truly cracks me up that she is so into getting autographs!

This little princess knows several of the princesses names but didn't care about meeting them! She's a Mickey and Minnie lover!

We arrived at the castle to wait in a short line to meet Cinderella and take pictures. Amanda had hers taken and we received a "free" picture in a photo frame.

Amelia wouldn't have her picture made with Cinderella. She was too busy looking at the Knight in Shining Armor!

Cinderella gave Amanda special message to give Aeriel the Little Mermaid that Flounder was swimming in Cinderella's bathtub. Amanda was so excited about the message and thought that was hysterical!






After pictures we went up the castle steps to the dinning area for a special dinner!
Amelia at the Royal dinning hall.
We had a special table with a window so we could look outside the castle and view part of the rest of the park.
The princesses were all introduced and they went around to the various tables for more pictures and meetings! It was very organized and beats waiting in line to meet the princesses.

Me with my eldest princess!

Our waiter had worked for Disney for 20 something years. He was the perfect waiter and dressed up in his royal outfit!


A good family picture is so hard for us! Why? Why? Why?

I am so thankful for a hubby who doesn't mind "all things princess" anything for his girls. I do think he is keeping track though and someday I am going to have to repay him by going caving in muddy caves!

Amanda loved this Knight too! Amelia loved it but wouldn't cooperate for pictures. She has to be in the mood for picture taking. Sometimes she will look up and me and say, "cheese" but it usually when I do not have my camera with me!



For dessert they gave Amanda a cupcake to decorate with Mickey sprinkles, mini chocolate chips, and marshmallows. Amelia enjoyed eating some of the Mickey sprinkles!
Disney really knows how to "wow" the kids! I think it would be a fun place to work. Maybe when we retire hubby and I can get a part-time job there. I think he would make an adorable Mickey!

Amelia was given mixed berries and sorbet. She enjoyed it until she say her sissy's Mickey sprinkles! Amelia's food was "free" and they gave her pasta for dinner. I thought that was nice. But the days of under 2 is free is over for us now........so sad!

They gave daddy a sword and yes, he got a little crazy with it!

The three princesses were given special magical wands!

Amanda was given a wishing star and she made a wish to see the princesses! Her wish came true!





Amanda and I really enjoyed meeting the princesses! It was fun to see that smile on her face!

Amelia just looked at the princesses when they were at other tables. Once they came to our table she would just shy away from them.

Amanda and Snow White!

The girls wore their princess shirts with all ten princesses on them so none of the princesses feelings would be hurt. I thought Amanda made a good choice with that one and am so thankful she is still into all things princess. I have a feeling she will be moving out of this stage some time in the next year and she will be into something else..........so we have to enjoy each stage!

Hugs for Snow White!

This was my appetizer. We were surprised with how good the food was. I guess hubby had my expectations set pretty low for the food so we were shocked by how good it was!

Sleeping Beauty and the girls!

Amelia always finds something else more interesting than taking pictures.


Daddy's dinner looked pretty and enjoyed it!

Wow, is Amelia actually looking and smiling with Belle?

Amanda has always liked Belle from Beauty and the Beast!

Aeriel the Little Mermaid was there with both of her feet!



The girls acting silly!




We all really enjoyed our special dinner and meeting the princesses and this Fall we will remember that daddy went to eat with the princesses every time he wants to watch a Virginia Tech football game!