
We have had a busy August! First we flew to Orlando to see Great Grandma and to celebrate her turning 94! (Yes, that is a Hershey bar Amelia is holding in the picture, and yes, I bribed her to be good with it.)
I never get on a plane without a Hershey bar and it has paid off because my girls have always been good on plane trips! This was Amelia's last time to fly for free and I couldn't be more thrilled, not about paying for a seat but that she will have one for our next trip. It is too hard to hold a toddler on your lap. Although, I will admit this trip was nice.
Since hubby was traveling sooo much last Spring, the airlines treated us by bumping us up to First Class. We were the very first row next to the cockpit and at first I was sooo nervous because of that, what if my kids misbehave and disturb the pilot? etc.... but then I remembered I had that Hershey bar and we had no problems! The kids were even given wings by the pilot at the end of the trip! Chocolate is truly the greatest invention EVER and good things came out of hubby being gone so much last Spring! We even got to bring seven bags for free!

Amanda loves the monorail at the Orlando airport!

Amelia liked it too!

Amanda and Amelia's first time in First Class, and probably the last.......

unless daddy travels more which we are hoping NOT!

Amelia hugs the Mickey at the airport.

Amanda saw Mickey and wanted me to take a picture! Too funny that girl!

Great Grandma on her birthday!

Amanda was so excited to be there for Great Grandma's birthday! She talked about it for weeks and we weren't even sure daddy's schedule would allow for this trip until the last minute, but it did and we were so happy!

Great Grandma is blind in one eye and can only see a little out of one eye. She can read by the light so she read Amanda's card and that thrilled Amanda!

I can only hope I am half as wonderful as she is one day! She is truly an amazing woman!

My Aunt made a delicious carrot cake and we went to her house later in the day.

Grandma did a wonderful job blowing out the candles.

We went to SS and Church with Great Grandma and then out to lunch at one of her favorite restaurants. The Olive Garden! It is Amanda's too because of the salad with all of the olives and bread sticks.

We ate way too much.........

Amelia smiling with a straw in her mouth, how lovely!

We had a wonderful time celebrating Great Grandma's birthday!