
After dropping Amanda off at a VBS one day, Amelia and I decided to do a little shopping for an upcoming trip. We headed to my favorite TJMAXX and she instantly picked up a purse. The purse just happened to be expensive (it really didn't belong in a discount store in my humble opinion.) I told Amelia that we needed to put the purse back because while it was pretty mommy didn't like the price tag to it. Amelia did what any fun loving, almost two year old, not strapped into a stroller, or shopping cart would do....SHE RAN AWAY WITH THE PURSE.
Once I caught up with her she was in front of the mirror! I had to laugh aloud because when I was younger, my little brother would challenge me to not look in the mirrors when out shopping. He swore I couldn't pass one without looking and unfortunately he was right most of the time! I think it was just a bad habit but when I saw Amelia looking in the mirror I had to step back and just watch her for a few minutes and of course, take some pictures!
I am sure people around me really wonder about me taking pics everywhere I go, but you know they can just wonder and thank God they aren't me, and I will just take my pictures and make my memories!

When she discovered that it was herself in the mirror she just laughed and started talking to herself!

Then she got closer and just stared and stared and then laughed because there were three of her! She started talking to the others and laughing!

She touched the mirror to see if she could touch the others and just laughed and laughed! It was so funny to see how happy a mirror could make a little girl! I didn't dare tell her when she gets older and goes through all of those fabulous stages women go through.....the mirror might not be her friend, it might just be her enemy and wreak havoc on her self-esteem...

no I didn't warn her, I just let her enjoy that mirror and all of her little friends and pray that I can do whatever I can to make her into a woman who is confident in what she sees in that mirror one day, but know that what is in her heart is what truly matters the most!

She eventually did give the purse up! Don't worry honey, I didn't buy an expensive purse. I like cheap purses because then you can buy more of them!