
Amanda and her dad have been wanting to go camping for a while now. They have had camp outs in the basement before with microwave smores'
and it had appeared to quench that camping urge for at least a while........then one of my sweet friend's hubby decided to share with my hubby how much they love going to this place called Jelly Stone Park. Hubby checked it out and thought it would be fun. Since I haven't camped since I was a Girl Scout......or maybe the last time was when I was a summer camp counselor and we took the preschoolers camping overnight....... but anyway, suffice it to say I am just not really the camping type, I am way too germaphobic and this trip didn't change that!
But since I read once that in a marriage you should stretch yourself and do things your hubby enjoys too, I agreed to go camping!
Since we don't have a tent (too bad!) we rented a cabin. It had two rooms with four bunk beds. The bottom bunks could sleep two people. I have to say they were truly the most uncomfortable mattresses I think I have ever slept on in my life but hey, I guess it beats sleeping on the dirt floor!

I brought my best friend and used the entire container before we left the cabin!

We had a microwave which I assumed we would use but never did. We had a stove top, sink, and fridge too.

We also had a TV but didn't have time to watch it.

I am not sure how people who camp in tents make it without a fridge in the heat of the summer with just a cooler and ice?

Amelia enjoyed the cabin but she loves going to new places!

Amanda led Amelia around the campground so sweet!

Hubby bought cheap sheets to use only for camping........I guess he had figured we would go again?

The girls love these little cutout picture board things!

We took pictures with the pretend Yogi! Amanda loved this place since she had seen the movie Yogi Bear a few months ago and laughed during the entire movie.

My sweet little campers!

The water slide was fun to go down!

They had a really nice playground!

This Yogi had a picnic basket but he didn't get ours, but another animal got into our trash the last night! I am hoping it wasn't a bear since I did hear it right outside our door but didn't dare get up and check!

The girls loved running up and down the hill to the cabin and again, Amanda was sweet to help her little sis. She kept telling her to hold her hand so she wouldn't fall down.

They had this giant pillow that was a moon bounce and let me tell you it was not your typical moon bounce. You really had to work at getting on and staying on because people could easily bounce you off right into the sand! Hubby used the excuse of having a sprained ankle so I had to take Amelia! It was an adventure but a little scary!

The front of the cabin.

The bouncing pillow

The side of the cabin

It is only worth doing things like this for the smiles I get on my girls faces!

The first night we were there the real Cindy bear came out for pictures!

The girls loved playing in the sand which is lovely when you are camping. Thank God we had a shower and bathroom in the cabin. I don't think I could make it otherwise.

The resort gave us a golf cart to use during our stay. It was a blast riding around on that thing I have to admit. Amanda really wants to buy one to use at home! ha Hubby did the driving because I was afraid to drive it and he seemed OK with that, actually come to think of it, he was pretty happy about that!

They had two large pools and one baby pool. We enjoyed our time at the pool.

One night they had a huge volleyball game.

This is how we cooked! I lucked out because hubby did all the cooking, meal planning, and grocery shopping for the trip. Not because I didn't want to help but because he was just really into it and excited about the trip not to mention he knew what he was doing and I did not. He likes to camp and go caving and enjoyed both before we got married. I figure we took a trip earlier to see the Lurray Caverns in June so that counts as my "caving" trip, and this is my camping trip. Now it is his turn to try something I like to do!

We all enjoyed the playground!

Yep, still making smores'........it took forever to cook over this hot fire.......Amanda and I roasted the marshmallows for the camping "experience."

It was so hot outside and seemed to take forever!

But eventually the smores' were done and they were a hit. We even ate them outside with all the bugs!

Amelia really enjoyed the coco in the smore.

Older sister locking younger sister out!

The girls enjoyed a Popsicle treat during an outdoor concert they held. The music was pretty good.

They had an arcade so you know we enjoyed some skee ball! Daddy really made out well winning tickets but I am still the skee ball champ in the family!

Yes, daddy was the bigger winner and hit the jackpot with around 200 tickets just for one game.

One day we had an ice cream treat. Daddy made sure to plan healthy meals so we could do so! Thank you daddy!

We rode the paddle boats which was really fun. I really did enjoy that! Having the girls paddle us around was a rare treat, just kidding! Hubby and I did the paddling and it was really enjoyable!

They make you wear life vests.

Hubby and Mia really enjoyed camping. We went on a wagon ride with Boo Boo Bear that was fun. They had a song leader that made us sing the entire time. It was fun to sing all of those fun kid songs as an adult. Let's face it we don't get too many opportunities to sing "Bingo" with a bunch of adults and kids! We all enjoyed that!

Did I mention how much we all loved riding around in the golf cart? It was a blast!

We went to the Flag raising ceremony with Yogi. It was nice to say the pledge together, another thing that once you are out of school you don't get too many opportunities to do.

Did I mention how much we loved that golf cart? It was sad to turn it in when we left.

Yogi looked hysterical riding in the golf cart!

Golf cart smiles!

We had a table inside and a picnic table outside to eat at. It was nice to have the option of eating inside.

I think she would have been happy just riding the golf cart the entire time!

We played Putt Putt Golf as a family. That was alot of fun only, Amelia kept picking up her ball and throwing it. I guess because when she throws food or whatever at home, we have told her "we only throw balls!" She definitely listened not to mention she has a great arm and can throw pretty far for a little almost two year old! It was shocking!

Sometimes she would take the balls and put them in the holes.

Amanda surprised me with her stance and swing, I was pretty impressed!

Daddy is such a great cook and an even better camper! He truly thought of EVERYTHING we would need etc.

One night they had a kids dance night so we went. Amelia loved dancing but Amanda crossed her arms and refused to get out there and dance. The DJ camp counselor tried to talk her into it and she could be with him and she looked at him and told him "no" she wasn't about to get out there and dance it was "too loud" she really doesn't like loud music or places that have loud music. It cracked me up that she turned him down considering all of those teen girls who couldn't get enough time with him!

But this little dancer could dance all night! She loves to dance! Since it was for kids they had a lot of dances that gave instructions of what to do "put your arm out, stamp your left foot, etc and Amelia followed the directions quite well!
Our family loves to go places we have never gone before because we like the adventure of the unknown and experiences new things. We had a lot of fun and I did stretch myself.......would I do that again? UMM.......well, daddy made the suggestion that maybe he could take the girls camping and send me to the spa and just how could I refuse an offer like that one? I guess I could stretch myself again to be with my sweet hubby, and precious girls! We did have fun but next time I would have to bring my swifter for the cabin floors were awful!