Thursday, August 18, 2011

July was Party Central

July was full of partying for our family. We started the month celebrating mammaw's birthday with a dinner party! We had such a good time celebrating this amazing mom, wife, mammaw, nurse, teacher, and friend!
The youngest family member could not partake of the steak but as you can see it didn't seem to bother him!
When I opened my eyes during prayer.......I saw my daughter kissing her cousin!


The cousins loving on their Aunt! Only the youngest is crying? What is it about this Aunt? He never cries when I hold him.
I love how the kids just crowd around my mom all the time! Young kids are really drawn to her because she is soooo good with them. She truly understands them and knows how to teach and relate to them. She makes everything from cleaning to eating peas into a fun game and gets results!

The flower cake was a fun decoration that the florist at a local grocery put together. She really is a talented florist I think.
This bouncer we bought for Amelia and found it a great way to get to eat dinner and keep baby happy! We didn't have one for Amanda..wow, I am not sure how managed that one, I don't even remember but I know we ate dinner!

I love this picture only wish it wasn't so dark. I was taking a picture of the kids and my dad ran into the pic, he so wants to be one of the kids. I love how they laugh together. I am so thankful for two parents who LOVE young children!
Not everyone from their generation is so fond of young kids. Some are trying to exclude them from eating in restaurants. How would they feel if we said, "Oh, since you are now 60, 70 or 80 you can't come to our restaurant because your group is so hard of hearing you talk way to loud and it is disturbing the younger generation since we don't care to hear your conversation." SO thankful my parents love and are patient with young kids.

Amelia was over the partying and got her jammies on to go "night night" yet wanted to stay up until everyone left too....she was sooo torn...sleep or party?

The kids actually enjoy eating at the kids table.......I wonder how long this will last?

Amelia sneaking hugs and snuggles from pappaw! She tells everyone that she is "pappaw's girl." So sweet!
We had our annual family pool party at our pool. We had organic snow cones!

We kept cool with the snowcones but did wonder what made them organic.

Amanda enjoyed visiting the baby pool with her sister? Not! I don't think she will be allowed in there due to her age next summer. I think that will probably thrill her actually since I have had to make deals with her all summer. First we play in the small pool for Amelia and then we go to the big pool, of course she enjoys the big pool because all of her little friends are there and like she says, "you can't swim for real in the baby pool!"

Amelia enjoyed the pizza at the party.



Amanda and her little friend from swim class loved diving for the dive sticks!



Did I mention Amelia liking the pizza?
She really loved playing with the foot shower.
We closed the party down and had a wonderful time! I am so thankful that we have nice community pools/parties/movies in the summer. We have had fun meeting new people, neighbors, and seeing some old friends too!