Sunday, October 16, 2011

Question of the day?

Amanda is a pretty deep thinker for her age in my humble opinion. She really ponders about things, asks questions, thinks some more, asks more questions, etc because she really wants to learn. I always enjoy her little questions and wonder what makes her think of the things she talks about sometimes. This week she asked me out of the blue....."What is your favorite thing in the house?"

I told her my sweet girls and hubby of course!

She replied, "Those aren't things! They are people, I want to know your favorite THING!"
She was quite persistent....umm, not sure where she gets that? She would not settle for my "things aren't important to me, people are"........she wanted to know one thing!

I can tell she is learning about nouns in school because she has been talking alot about the definition. I told her my answer which no, I am not telling you.......because I like to keep people guessing!!!!!! No, it is just private and sometimes, when you reveal too much you can be judged for it and I can't help it if I am a sentimental girl!

What is your favorite thing in your house? You can't think about it too much, you have to say it off the top of your head because if you think too long......it won't really be what you treasure the most!

It is a fun little exercise and has really motivated me to get rid of stuff around here this week, because A) I don't want the clutter because I have enough, and B) People are sooo much more important to me than things and I want my daughters to always know that about me!