Tuesday, October 18, 2011

Pumpkin Playground Fun!!!!!

We love this time of year at our house. It is my favorite time to be outside! Not too hot, not too cold, usually it is just right!
Since we had a beautiful Columbus Day weekend with gorgeous, sunny weather.......we headed to the Pumpkin Playground! This was our second visit since we just discovered it last year around this time. We ALL had a fabulous time and spent almost five hours there, came home very dirty but hey, we washed!

The visited started out beautifully because we spotted this orange and brown butterfly and Amanda is in the Butterfly class at school so it made the start of the day extra special!

Amelia LOVES slides! However, once she gets up......... sometimes, she doesn't want to go down without being held or going down with her Manda!

 We rode on the Hayride which is included in the cost of the admission ticket. There is another wagon ride called the wobbly wagon ride but that is extra and wasn't something any of us wanted to ride since it was wobbly not relaxing like a typical hayride.


Amelia made several new buddies on the ride! She had fun laughing with a little boy! So fun to watch! I didn't think I would ever take my kids back to this hayride after going on it last year because there is some pretty scary, and gross stuff in that woods......but hubby talked me into it and the girls had fun and didn't seem to pay attention to the yuck stuff!

This dirt pile is for kids to dig into to find pennies, I told Amanda I would give her pennies at home if she wouldn't dig in it! She was OK with that! I don't mind getting dirty and all but I do have a few limits and this is one of them!


Amanda still enjoys slides too, and if there is water all the better!

Amanda enjoyed rolling around in this dirty tube. Once Amelia saw how much fun sis was having......she wanted to climb in the dirty tube........





I will admit to wondering where those tubes came from and what was in them since I can be a bit germophobic...........But sweet Hubby reassured me that they most likely came from a sewage plant........thankfully he laughed and admitted he was kidding or I would have found a hose right away!


The girls loved this!



It is such a neat little playground with lots of little structures and slides to climb in. There is alot there and even though there were a lot of people there and the parking lot was full.....it never seemed crowded and we didn't have to wait to slide or ride.


Amelia loved this tractor and loves to pretend to "drive, drive"


Hubby's tradition of telling the girls his experience on a riding animal like these continued..........it was his only memory of his preschool days, he cut his lip......etc.....It is cute how he tells the story over and over like it is the very first time we have heard it. (He's not old enough to be doing this yet?)

To be continued..........