Still getting exercise in through sports class:) Moms participate too!

We discovered a new way to shop! Our local grocery gave us a scanner to scan our own groceries and bag them right there and put them in our cart. Amanda loved weighing the fruit and veggies and scanning the items we bought. Of course, it made the grocery shopping take a lot longer......and we only saved seven dollars by shopping this way so I am not sure it is worth the extra time to save seven bucks but......it was worth it to see Amanda having so much fun and learning to weigh food on a scale.
Our little princess is enjoying her summer with lots of fun activities so far and more are on the way! How fun it is to be a little girl! I feel so blessed to be able to join in on all of her fun activities because I can be the kid that I truly am:)
We still can't seem to go shopping without Amanda requesting me to take her pic with various mannequin's or soldiers in this case! I am not sure why she likes them so much, maybe she is going to be a stylist for a department store and dress the mannequins one day........She called this one her little brother!
I have told her they aren't real but something tells me she just doesn't believe me!
Some friends held a baby bump bash to celebrate three of us who are all having girls:) I love these girls and our fun girls night's out:) Can't wait to see in July at the movies:)
We went to our local library bedtime story night. It was so cute, the kids wore their pj's, were read several stories, and watched a video called, "Chick a Chick a Boom Boom" Amanda said,
that video is ridiculous!" (that is her new word lately) I love the book but it is about how all the letters of the alphabet race up a tree which I guess in a child's mind is kinda ridiculous!
One of Amanda's friends from Open Gym was there!

Amanda continues to attend a sports class. We love the teacher so much! She is so good for the kids and the parents too:) She really keeps parents from pushing their kids too much and allows them to be kids yet learn too. She also understands when they are having bad days and those delightful fits they can sometimes throw:) Maybe perhaps because her kids are older and our kids aren't hers?
This particular day Amanda was playing dress ups before we left for class. I tried to talk her into changing into pants or shorts for class but she wanted to stay in her "Little Red Riding Hood costume so I just went with it...........somethings just don't matter. (that's something I have really learned in my 3 1/2 years of parenting!) I was just thankful it was an all girl class this particular day.
Dare I write this for fear it will change............but she is starting to like hair accessories:) This day she was into the froggies:) We are hoping Amelia loves hair accessories because we sure do have a drawer full of them from our little "I just want to wear my hair like this" "Pony tails hurt my head"
Amanda really enjoys all of her dress ups:)
We celebrated one of Amanda's friend's birthday by attending her Magic Show party! This was Amanda's second magic show (the first one was at Great Wolf Lodge) she didn't care for that one too much but she loved this one!
The children waited so patiently at the end of the party for the magician to make them an animal balloon:)
that video is ridiculous!" (that is her new word lately) I love the book but it is about how all the letters of the alphabet race up a tree which I guess in a child's mind is kinda ridiculous!
Amanda continues to attend a sports class. We love the teacher so much! She is so good for the kids and the parents too:) She really keeps parents from pushing their kids too much and allows them to be kids yet learn too. She also understands when they are having bad days and those delightful fits they can sometimes throw:) Maybe perhaps because her kids are older and our kids aren't hers?
Ash's mom is extremely creative and hosts a lot of parties for her kids, Halloween, Valentine's day, birthdays, she always finds an excuse to host a party and plans a lot of activities for the kids and wasn't even a teacher prior to becoming a mom:) 

Amanda loves her little friends.......this pic makes me think about what they will be like when they are teenagers........................
The Princess Castle pinata breaks-this was the first time I have seen a pinata that has strings you pull to break it instead of hitting it. My other girlfriend shared that she bought one once but thought the strings were for decoration so they ended up hitting it! I told her that is definitely something I would think too! Glad to get that tip before Amanda's next birthday!
One of the art activities was a scratch picture, Amanda enjoyed this. We made these in elementary school by coloring a pic and then coloring the entire pic in black and scratching it off with a stick. These pics were so much easier:)
Cake time! Amanda has not had a shortage of cake the past month, between daddy's birthday party, daddy's birthday dinner, Uncle R's birthday, my baby bash bump celebration, her babysitter's birthday, and Ash's party..........the girl has definitely had more than her share of cake the past few weeks........and we still have more celebrations to attend the next couple of weeks. Yikes!
Ash's mom had the kids play a cute game like musical chairs but with a present that was wrapped multiple times and when the music stopped the kids unwrapped it once:) The last one to unwrap the last sheet won the present.
Amanda learned to Limbo at the party and now wants to play it at home!
Amanda has started putting letters together and then asking me what it spells. I was shocked the other day when she said, "what does CAND spell?" I told her nothing unless you put a y on the end and then it is candy. She did and was thrilled to spell it again. She has done this with her name too but has added a M on the end of it and laughs when I tell her what it spells. She asked me what "brat" spells the other day. I am wondering if she picked this up from when daddy and I spell word to each other so she doesn't know what we are saying, Like she was acting like a brat today!"Yikes!
She's doing great with recognizing numbers too and can dial her mamaw and papaw when I call the numbers out to her! She is constantly asking how to spell certain words like "dad" and then writes it out on her own. I am so proud of her! And to think she isn't in preschool? Does this mean we get to take some credit in teaching her some things?


