Thursday, June 4, 2009

Busy week so far............

Wow, I thought we were going to have a slower week this week but..........not sure what happened to that plan. We started the week off with a fun birthday party celebrating Amanda's friend's birthday. They had a magic show and hubby and I really enjoyed the tricks. Amanda was laughing hysterically but I don't think she got all the "jokes" at least I hope not. He had a few that weren't appropriate for little people:) Along with words we really don't want Amanda using, she hasn't so far, but as one girlfriend shared she might be saving it up for later and at the most embarrassing time I am sure:)

We went to Sports class which we plan to continue until mid-July and then we start a summer camp for one day a week for four weeks. It will be Amanda's first camp experience:) It is a drop off program so I will have to leave and she will being doing art, music, and sports:) I can't wait to see if she likes it, she will probably love it, I will just be the one that is sad being away from her for three hours.
After class Amanda and our friends went for a special treat before open gym started. We had a fun time, her friends are twins and they are only about 10 days older than Amanda so it really is like having triplets:) They are so adorable together and were playing red light green light when walking back. We took in a little shopping even though my girlfriend and I didn't plan to buy anything, we were just going to look.

I really was serious about it and she was too...until the sales lady announced they were having a sale:) We told her we were just looking and then she told us more details of the sale and it really would have been crazy for us to pass up on getting some things with a sale that good. So Amanda got a few more outfits out of the trip, and baby girl in the womb got her first new bathing suit. If the way she is swimming around in the womb is any indicator of the type of swimmer she is going to be then we will need the suit:) I remember taking mommy and me classes with daddy and Amanda when she was just 6 or 7 months old and it was so much fun we can't wait to take baby girl:) We are looking into lessons this summer at our pool:) If they say she has to be four like she does for everything else they are doing at the pool, I will just teach her myself:)

Amanda had a full Wednesday with her babysitter starting with a trip to open gym, swimming in the gator pool, a trip to the library, special movie time, and some cleaning:) Yes, cleaning:) I went to the lab for the dreaded drinking of the orange drink test. It really was a great experience and I am so thankful hubby's insurance changed since the last pregnancy because this lab tech is awesome! He did offer me some unsolicited advice regarding having more kids, but I have learned that if you are preggo people around you just seem to think you need some of their advice since they know what is best for you. It really isn't buggin me as much this pregnancy because I am learning to just tune people out:)

Today, Amanda's cooking class has been canceled due to the teacher being sick once again! I was a little bummed.......I was so looking forward to being on time to class to see if she still had an attitude towards us.

Tomorrow is daddy's birthday so Amanda and I have some work to do and lots of secrets to keep:) Thank God she is good at keeping secrets, better than I am:)