Today marks the two-year anniversary of our friend Dave's home going to heaven after a short battle with cancer. Dave and I met when we worked together making videos for a singles group we were involved in. He was always so encouraging. I remember one phone call where I was complaining about the selection of men or lack of selection in the group, being lonely and being single etc....he encouraged me to stay committed to the singles group and to church and waiting on God's plan to unfold.
Now I find myself encouraging the beautiful wife he left to wait on God's plan and she is doing just that. I am so very proud of her and her commitment to the Lord and to her children.
Please join us in praying for his precious wife and their beautiful five children. I know they would covet yours prayers. It is so easy for others to move on with life when they are not the one that has experienced the loss......some even make comments that they are "rejoicing" in the loss one's home going. While I understand what people mean and it is in the bible to rejoice when a loved one is heaven, I find it so inappropriate to say something like that to someone who is grieving. It takes time and steps through the process of grief to get to the point where a person can see any good coming out of the loss, and sometimes that might not happen until we get to heaven.
Of course, it is easy for others to rejoice and move on when they aren't the one experiencing the loss and loneliness on a daily basis. I thought I would share this from Anne, it came today in my inbox. God's timing is always perfect:) Enjoy and pray for anyone you know who has experienced a loss of a loved one today and every day, because while God is walking with them, and grace kicks in at the right moment, that loss is still felt. Thanks for praying.
Never Separated Again
Neither death nor life . . . nor things present nor things to come, . . . shall be able to separate us from the love of God.
Romans 8:38-39, NKJV
I love the sea. Every summer, I spend as much time there as I am able. I love to see the vast expanse of sky and water. I love to hear the waves crashing on the shore. I love to walk along the beach and feel the sand beneath my feet and the breeze blowing gently in my face. But the sea separates families and friends and entire continents from each other! In Heaven, there will be nothing to separate us from each other or from God. Ever!
No hard feelings or hurt feelings,
No misunderstandings or critical spirits,
No divorce or death, . . .
No sickness or weakness,
No dangers or hardships. . . .
Nothing will ever separate us in My Father's House.
Blessings,
Anne Graham Lotz