Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Are you going to pay me?

Yesterday I told Amanda it was time for her to do some "work" and she had to put some toys away in her playroom. She said, "are you going to pay me?" I must admit that caught me off guard and I said, "no, I am not going to pay you!" She replied, " well, daddy goes to work and he gets paid and can buy things!" I laughed too hard to respond so she started negotiating with me and said, "I have an idea, you can pay me five dollars!"

We had an earlier conversation in the car about how we were collecting some stuff we do not use anymore to give to others who do not have any clothes etc. I tried explaining what it meant to be homeless and some people do not have money because they do not have a job and can't buy a place to live because it costs lots of money she said, "so they live in the woods?" I am wondering if she missed the point of giving to others in this conversation and now she is trying to earn money so she is not homeless! I can assure you no child of mine is going to be paid to clean up their own toys:) She ended up working really hard and being very helpful so I am sure she will be expecting her paycheck soon! I think it might come in the form of a chocolate chip cookie:)