Saturday, June 27, 2009

A lesson learned:)

I am constantly learning new lessons everyday in the world of parenting. This week I learned not to leave the room (even for a minute) when my daughter is on the computer:)
Amanda loves to email her mammaw and mammaw taught her how to send emails using all those pretty smiling faces, and symbols. Amanda is now able to turn the computer on, sign in, and then I put the address in and she has me spell out the words as she finds the letters on the keyboard and types them in. Then she finishes the email with lots of faces etc and hits send all on her own.

The other day she was to the point where she was typing in the happy faces, so I told her I was going downstairs to get a drink, for her to finish the faces and hit send:) When I came back a few, maybe five minutes at the most, she had the eBay screen up and was looking at eyeshadow! She told me she already sent her email, and she had, but I asked her how she got onto eBay and she said, "was just doing this" and started showing me several screens she had opened. I am sure it was probably just an ad that she clicked on and that's how she got to eBay but I did think it was pretty funny for it to be make up since that is her latest fascination. She just asked me today if she could "do my make up for me" I let her do the blush and chap stick but that's where it stops for now. Although, it is kinda nice to have my own make up artist so maybe I should keep encouraging that. As for the computer, I don't think I will ever leave her alone again with one:) Thank God she doesn't have our credit card number memorized!