Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Home is where the heart is and memories are made:)

All I kept thinking about today was that 2 years ago today was the day we moved into our house. I even forgot it was St. Patrick's day and didn't wear green:) (that never would have happened in my pre-mommy days)
At moments it seems like just yesterday we moved here, and that it is still OK that I have some boxes to unpack in the storage room or that we only have one picture on one wall. (At least, it is our wedding pic though)

At other times, it feels like we have lived here forever and I hardly remember those days that I use to miss our former home because this place just didn't feel like home to me for a while. I just wanted to go back to where I felt like I was living in my haven and to where I had memories.

But now that we have made some wonderful memories like seeing our daughter learned to climb all the steps all by herself, be potty trained, have conversations with us, get sassy with us, seeing her turn 2 and then 3, the parties, the celebrations with family and friends, and now the new life God has given us, I can only say, "Thank you God for all you have done for us." Not just our home, but our health, our families, our sweet little bundle to be that you have created so special for us, our daughter, the love I have for my hubby, the ability to walk, talk, eat, and sleep in a safe place that I can say is not just a house anymore, but truly a HOME:)

Thank you God for the good times, and being right there for us through the difficult times. It makes me long for your return to a place we can call HOME forever! Lord, come quickly I pray, but until then we can only promise, "As for me and my house, we will serve the Lord."